PDA

View Full Version : whats new in tom's head

oscar100
12-03-2003, 04:16 PM
Hey guys

I emailed tom a while back on the glorys of steel frets and tom mentioned he has some new tricks up his sleeve!

Anyone know what teh next innovation is?

cant wait to find out - these gtrs jsut get better and better

:D

Stan Malinowski
12-05-2003, 07:23 AM
I emailed tom a while back on the glorys of steel frets

Jo,

Are you talking about the stainless steel frets TA is now using or the traditional steel frets?

The SS frets on my last few Andys are incredibly silkly and smooth. I do a LOT of string bending and it is a night and day difference between the feel of my SS Andys and my CS Fenders!

oscar100
12-05-2003, 08:07 AM
SS frets - i lik ethem they impart an added chime to teh tone......just got a new cherryburst hollow t - its stunning - yum yum!

tom
12-05-2003, 03:44 PM
can't imagine palying a guitar without stainless frets anymore. i've not heard of traditional steel. frets have traditionally been made of what is called nickel silver although there is no silver in it. as for whats new, check out the next guitar of the week for a preview. brian h has had a preview but is sworn to secrecy.

oscar100
12-05-2003, 04:05 PM
haha - knew there must be something coming! thanx for the info on td's

Roy (maybe)
12-06-2003, 05:50 PM
Now I’m not saying that this is Roy from Anderson Guitarworks but, knowing him as I do, he would probably say that Anderson Forum membership should have its privileges from time to time. Here is a clue for you:

Cajun is Red
Stainless Steel frets are slightly blue
I’d check Guitar of the Week this Sunday morning
For something that is totally new

John Price
12-06-2003, 06:01 PM
Thanks Santa!!:D

oscar100
12-06-2003, 06:26 PM
is that sunday morning US time? I cant wait!!!!!

Its 11.22pm over here!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D