PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Great White North

Guitarded
01-08-2005, 05:11 PM
I am on the edge of ordering my first Anderson... waiting to see the new jewel in the TAG treasure chest... so, will I order a Hollow Cobra or...?
you have a great forum here... looking forward to being a part of the tagaholics bunch. :)

PaulS
01-08-2005, 07:28 PM
....EH?

Welcome!....which part of Canada are you from? I'm in Vancouver.

Guitarded
01-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Kelowna... in the beautiful Okanagan Valley

PaulS
01-08-2005, 08:01 PM
The Okanagan is great. Half of my family lives betweeen Penticton and Osoyoos. I try to visit at least a couple of times a year.

Are you dealing with a dealer in Canada or from the US?

Stan Malinowski
01-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Welcome to the forum. You have plenty of company here waiting for the Anderson model to be unveiled!

Guitarded
01-08-2005, 08:27 PM
The nearest TAG dealers are Seattle and Edmonton... so far I have been milking some local guys for information and Roy and Tom have been extremely helpful.

PaulS
01-09-2005, 04:33 PM
I ordered my DT from Mother's in Edmonton, good service but with the exchange rate getting closer I find their prices to be pretty high.

I was down at American Music in Seattle a few weeks ago and if I had the cash I would have bought the Mahogany backed/solid Rosewood necked DT they just got in. H-S-H, that is a great guitar at a fair price.

Good luck, I'm sure what-ever you order you'll be thrilled with it.

Guitarded
01-09-2005, 10:37 PM
PaulS... thanks... I'll let you know what I decide...
and Stan... that's a great Avatar!

sylvanshine
01-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Love Kelowna! The whole Okanagan Valley is beautiful. I was up there a couple of Septembers ago. Spent the night on a houseboat on the Shooswop (spelling?) drinking amazing local wine. I have a friend who owns Okanagan Life magazine.

Jack Gretz
01-10-2005, 07:42 AM
Nice to see you made the journey over to the TAG forum. Glad to have you.

John Price
01-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Welcome! ;)

Have fun!!!!

tmihm
01-26-2005, 08:20 AM
I am on the edge of ordering my first Anderson... waiting to see the new jewel in the TAG treasure chest... so, will I order a Hollow Cobra or...?
you have a great forum here... looking forward to being a part of the tagaholics bunch. :)
Good to see you over on this side, Guitarded. Ya just can't go wrong with a TA...after never playing one up until a year ago or so...I had no idea what I was missing. My George Harrison Tele has been my number 1 since it walked in the door.

Welcome aboard, brutha!

Terry

funalij
01-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Welcome aboard

In Spain there is a cold days ( about -7 Cº, I think 19.4 Fº) I suppose it's not very cold compares with your country. ;)

Regards
Javier

tmihm
01-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Pittsburgh was -4 degrees this morning..... -2 tonight.

Guitarded
01-28-2005, 11:18 PM
thank you for making me feel welcome!... I have been learning a lot just my browsing the forum
finally ordered by first anderson... hollow cobra... H1- H2+ powerbridge... tried and true...
now I really feel like a kid in a candy store... but I have to wait!!!
do I sell my beloved Fender strat to pay for my TAG or do I beg my wife to let me keep it and get creative with my finances?

dkaplowitz
01-28-2005, 11:46 PM
do I sell my beloved Fender strat to pay for my TAG or do I beg my wife to let me keep it and get creative with my finances?
You told her? That was your first mistake! ;)

Congrats on your order. I too have an order in for which I will have to wait until around June (waiting is so painful). Hope everything works out with your finances.

Dave

tmihm
01-29-2005, 09:06 AM

I would start with begging and see how that goes first. ;)

I almost sold my strat a little while back in a GAS frenzy....and i just played it last night. It was like putting on my favorite pair of bluejeans...nice and comfy.

Of course...you could always find another strat down the road too - if the begging comes up short.

At any rate...the best of luck with your Hollow Cobra....it will be WELL worth the wait!!!

Terry

kirby323
02-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Greetings fellow Canuck. Like yourself I am new to the TA forum. I read you've ordered up a hollow Cobra with power bridge and there is no doubt they are fabulous guitars. What caught my attention was one of your postings stating that you're an acoustic player making the plunge into the "electrified" world. That's similar to my own playing history and I'd like to suggest at some point you try the Crowdster. I recently found one (Mother's Edmonton) and I think it is a great guitar. It nicely fits that niche between, and has the best, of both worlds with the acoustic tone and fullness, but with the ease of playing of the electric, albeit with 12's. I can't quite get three note bends out of her, but pretty close. Once I picked up the Crowdster it was like coming home. Now I can't put it down.
Have fun with your Cobra once she arrives home and be carefully. Once you get an Anderson, you'll want another (and another and another .........).
Cheers,
Kirby323
PS: Smooze something awful and find a way to some how keep the strat.