PDA

View Full Version : Brett Garsed concert

Turrican
12-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Just got home from a Brett Garsed concert. He is a god!awesome show!
He plays with Ric Fierabacci and Joel Taylor, and put by far the best jazz/fusion live music i've seen and heard... awesome phrasing, unique right hand technique, and can sing a tune too!
now i know what i 'll be when i grow up :cool:

John Price
12-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Brett Garsed is one fantastic player! I wish That I could have been there!
I just got to see Frank Gambale over the weekend for the 10th time! he's the master!.....Also got to have dinner with him!.........Great weekend!....

:D

BoraBora
12-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Brett is a fantastic jazz/fusion player. I saw him play at a music clinic about 10 years ago. His legato technique is amazing.

jimmieb
12-11-2004, 02:02 AM
Brett is a fantastic jazz/fusion player. I saw him play at a music clinic about 10 years ago. His legato technique is amazing.

Is this the same Brett who was signed with Shrapnel Records in the early 80's. At the time he was the most expressive legato player I'd ever seen. I worked a Namm booth for Shrapnel where Brett played. If I remember he played through a VHT and I don't remember the guitar. He was a great guy, very friendly, Big eyed and so jazzed to play. Amazingly fast player!

Jimmie B

Suriel Zayas
12-11-2004, 08:17 AM
Just got home from a Brett Garsed concert. He is a god!awesome show!
He plays with Ric Fierabacci and Joel Taylor, and put by far the best jazz/fusion live music i've seen and heard... awesome phrasing, unique right hand technique, and can sing a tune too!
now i know what i 'll be when i grow up :cool:

i just recently saw chick corea and the electric band with frank gambale, and frank was just simply amazing as always. ric fierabacci replaced john pattitucci on bass, and ric was just incredible, i was truly impressed. his tone, tecnique, execution and soloing were great. that must've been an amazing show.

peace.

suriel

BoraBora
12-12-2004, 02:48 AM
Is this the same Brett who was signed with Shrapnel Records in the early 80's. At the time he was the most expressive legato player I'd ever seen. I worked a Namm booth for Shrapnel where Brett played. If I remember he played through a VHT and I don't remember the guitar. He was a great guy, very friendly, Big eyed and so jazzed to play. Amazingly fast player!

Jimmie B

Hey Jimmie, yeah it's the same guy. Brett did an album with Frank Gambale and Shawn Lane in the early 90s. He also played for the hair band Nelson (gasp).