PDA

View Full Version : Fuchs 30 ODS Combo

PaulS
12-03-2004, 07:31 PM
I've been reading as much as I could find about Fuchs amps and pretty much all of it was great so decided to, once again, make a gear purchase sight unseen and sound unheard. My Anderson DT was my first venture into equipment unplayed just based on user recommendation and have never regretted it for a second.

Well, I ordered the Amp and it arrived today...you know what it was like when you first played an Anderson. Subtle, delicate sounds which just weren't present in previously played instruments. Nice, sensitve, dynamic pickups. This amp is exactly the same way...perfect fit for my DT. Talk about hi-fi, detail and a very nice touch-sensitivity. Amazing range of sounds. Takes the Zendrive perfectly for a great variation on the clean channel.. The dynamics of the DT, Zendrive and the Fuchs together make these pieces feel like one instrument each working together.

The gain channel...well, that's something else:-)

Paul

BFC
12-03-2004, 11:04 PM
I've been thinking really hard about these lately after getting into Robben Ford (what took me so long?!?) and hearing a few Fuchs clips. What exactly is the difference between the ODS 30 and the ODS 50? Tube configuration?

Brian

PaulS
12-03-2004, 11:53 PM
From what I know the difference is in power output tubes and transformers. The preamp is the same across the wattage models.

I've been playing around with the amp in the gain channel since my last post and am thoroughly amazed. The amount of sweet, singing gain you can get without the natural tone and strings of the guitar getting lost is like nothing I've ever played before. Just the right amount of compession. Things clean up very nicely with varied pick attack and a full dynamic range even with lots of gain.

BFC
12-04-2004, 12:10 AM
I need one. :D