PDA

View Full Version : Vox HW ac30tb Head

DropTop7
12-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Hello everyone: I picked up a Vox HW ac30tp head I'm just curious if anyone else on this forum has one ?
/ Yea the forum is back :} :)

pluto
12-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Hello everyone: I picked up a Vox HW ac30tp head I'm just curious if anyone else on this forum has one ?
/ Yea the forum is back :} :)

I don't own the Vox, but may I ask how you like the amp? The HW AC-30 has a master like the AC-15tb doesn't it?

DropTop7
12-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Well Iv only had it a few days and have not had time to a/b it to my 65 ac30tb but off the bat it seems to have a bit more attitude ( but, I may have a bad tube in my 65) so it's a difficult comparison --- having a master vol. makes it a lot more practical that for sure ! I'm also waiting on a vox 2x12 cab with silver dogs right no I'm running it though a Marshall 2x12 which i beleave has higher mid's than the vox... I also run two amp so Im gonna need another one ;^} They only made 200 heads and 300 combos :)

pluto
12-02-2004, 01:26 PM
Well Iv only had it a few days and have not had time to a/b it to my 65 ac30tb but off the bat it seems to have a bit more attitude ( but, I may have a bad tube in my 65) so it's a difficult comparison --- having a master vol. makes it a lot more practical that for sure ! I'm also waiting on a vox 2x12 cab with silver dogs right no I'm running it though a Marshall 2x12 which i beleave has higher mid's than the vox... I also run two amp so Im gonna need another one ;^} They only made 200 heads and 300 combos :)

Cool, thanks for the mini review. It almost seems sacrilege to have an AC-30 with a master volume, but as you said, it sure is practical. I also didn't realize they limited the production of the hardwire series that much-Looks like a good collector's type amp.

bluesman69
11-16-2005, 03:04 PM
They only made 100 cabs also. I love mine.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/bluesman69/Amps/VoxGretsch1a.jpg

DropTop7
11-16-2005, 03:25 PM
I want to pick up another one :D

bluesman69
11-17-2005, 03:17 PM
I want to pick up another one :D
There is a local dealer that still has a head & cab for sale.

korinabill
12-04-2005, 01:09 AM
Hi,

I'm late getting on this thread, sorry. I have one of the HW heads also, and I love it. I used it a lot on my church band's CD with a Pro Tools set up & cranked it up high. It was loud but sweet. The controls are setup very similar to my AC15. I love the practicality of it. I also have a traditional AC30 as well and I think they are all good. You all surely know this already, but one thing for certain, regardless of which one of the AC30 model variations you prefer, you will be hard pressed to see the likes of any of them coming out from Vox production lines again. They are all made in China now, and a very well-respected Vox authorized repairman told me that the QC problems with the units made in China have been at 40%+.