PDA

View Full Version : Why two strap buttons?

ck00g
11-19-2004, 12:16 PM
Question for you guys. Why do TAG guitars have two strap buttons? Is it just for purpose of variety/versitility?

Thanks!

tom
11-19-2004, 12:20 PM
i've never been a guitar stand guy, so the two buttons keep it from falling over when i lean it against stuff. it also does allow for a different hanging position.

ck00g
11-19-2004, 12:26 PM
I never thought of stability when standing the guitar up. Good thinking. Thanks Tom.

tom
11-19-2004, 01:48 PM
i can't take the credit. dan armstrong did it years ago on either the clear guitars or the ampeg guitar with the sliding pickups. dave schecter turned me on to it.

pdicristina
11-19-2004, 03:33 PM
It also helps for those of us who like our guitars to hang more parallel to the body. With typical strap button placement, a guitar will tend to kick out a bit on the bottom side - on my other guitars - I've added a strap button behind the neck to compensate - On my drop top, I use the "bottom" of the two strap buttons to achieve the same effect.

John Price
12-01-2004, 09:47 AM
I also find it convenient for quick string changing when your on the gig and you happen to brake a string!!! Body to the floor gives you the stability to work the string up the neck and wind up the new string in seconds!!! BAM! your done!!!! :D

King Cobra
12-02-2004, 06:56 AM
i've never been a guitar stand guy, so the two buttons keep it from falling over when i lean it against stuff. it also does allow for a different hanging position.

These are the little details that make TAGs so special. :)

tmihm
12-02-2004, 10:13 AM
That lower button helped balance out my Hollow T too. The rosewood neck was a tad heavy and was leaning a bit. As per Tom's advice, I used the lower button (which I had been doing), but in addition bought a nice leather strap with suede on the indise, so it doesn't slip as much.