PDA

View Full Version : David Crowder recomendation

joe1962
11-18-2004, 10:05 AM
My wife and I have been getting into the Christian music station here lately and I've heard a lot of good things about David Crowder on this forum. I was wondring if there is a particular Crowder CD you would recomend?

tom
11-18-2004, 11:01 AM
all three are pretty equally great. illuminate, the new one, shows greater use of loops and fun stuff. can you hear us, the second one has a big variety of quieter inner court stuff and bigger guitar stuff. all i can say, the first, has many songs you have heard in modern worship over the last 5 years. you really can't go wrong with any of them. one thing i particularly like about the new one is that it is a great listen from beginning to end, themes repeat, and there is a feeling of continuation through the whole thing.

taclassic
11-18-2004, 11:03 AM
I have their first album and it is defintely great. I keep popping it into my CD player every month. I have alaso seen them in concert and they sound just as great. First time I ever heard a Crowdster was at thsi concert and man was it awesome. Go check them out if they come by your towm.

chadmj
11-18-2004, 11:07 AM
"illuminate" is my favorite. I have not heard "The Lime CD" yet.

Early next year you will want to check out a new artist Michael Cook. He is on A'postrophe Records (http://www.apostropherecords.com/artists/mcook.html).
Chris Tomlin is also another artist to look at as well.

tom
11-18-2004, 01:29 PM
don't have lime, but it just has yellow and green tracks. good live stuff.

joe1962
11-18-2004, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like I have more than one CD to buy :)

brian b
11-18-2004, 06:30 PM
You can also get him and other'slike him on the Passion cd's. Like Sacred Revolution and The one before that I think it was called Love out Loud.

jimmieb
11-18-2004, 07:58 PM
Honestly, I bought 'Illuminate' and imediately went out and bought the other three. The first cd 1st track, "All I can Say" I still can't listen to without a tear. All the tunes on all three cd's are very strong. I can't say I dislike even one song they do. I think Illuminate is my favorite all around, it is sheer genius down to the little trills David pulls off. Which by the way I still sruggle to play those. We are playing many of DCB's tunes at Church in our worship service they are all very powerful and amazing. My suggestion is buy 'Illuminate' and save your money for the others.

Jimmie B

jimmieb
11-18-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by tom

Tom,

Are the live track recorded with the Crowdster? They sound great...

Jimmie B

jimmieb
11-18-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by tom

Tom,

Are the live tracks on 'LIme' recorded with the Crowdster? They sound great...

Jimmie B

tom
11-18-2004, 08:33 PM
the tracks from the the yellow cd like i need words are the crowdster. i believe the green cd was recorded before the crowdster.