PDA

View Full Version : Boston

pdicristina
11-12-2004, 01:38 PM
I live just outside of Boston - "hub of the universe" and home of the World Series Champs - but can you believe there's no Anderson dealer? What's up with that?

Seriously, the closest dealer is in Mystic, CT - almost 3 hours away. Guitar Center used to carry Andersons, but no longer. Surely Boston could support an Anderson dealer.

pluto
11-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Wow-that's an interesting tidbit. Even Hawaii has an Anderson dealer and we don't even have a pro team to win any championship!

tom
11-12-2004, 03:50 PM
we have tried so hard, for years, but can't find a dealer there. maybe it's the curse. gc was never a dealer, they may just have had some used ones. who is the cool dealer?

pluto
11-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by tom
we have tried so hard, for years, but can't find a dealer there. maybe it's the curse. gc was never a dealer, they may just have had some used ones. who is the cool dealer?

Tom, obviously pdichristina would know the answer more than someone like me who has never been to Boston before, but when I do general web searches for gear, I often find links to Boston Guitar Works (www.bostonguitar.com). It looks like they have some cool stuff on their website.

Dave M.
11-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Hey Tom,

Can I kinda hijack this thread, at least to the NW? ;)

What is the status of a dealer in Seattle? Is American Music still a dealer?

-Dave

brian b
11-12-2004, 09:50 PM
Maybe you should all move to Dallas, Then you can deal with Charley's and the Great Brian Harris.

pdicristina
11-13-2004, 09:21 AM
The "Wal Martization" of the music business has definitely thinned out the ranks of high end guitar shops in boston. For the longest time (since 1890 actually) E.U. Wurlitzer was the place to go in downtown Boston - they went bankrupt in the mid 90's

Daddy's Junky Music is a well known local chain but more oriented towards low end gear.

There is a high end shop in Lexington called The Music Emporium -they're 90 percent acoustic/hollow body electric , but they do carry one or two lines of solid body guitars.

Someone mentioned the Boston Guitar Works - which is in Brocton - around an hour south of Boston. They don't carry Andersons so I've never made the drive down there :)