PDA

View Full Version : Tom's Belair

brian b
11-06-2004, 12:18 AM
Hey Tom I was told today to ask about your Belair, Just hoping it's not the Fresh Prince type

tom
11-06-2004, 02:34 PM
my belair is a '57 4 door wagon.it is 2 tone surf green and white. it has many modern amenities, power dics brakes, power steering, ac, cd changer with killer sound inc sub, 3 speed auto, two tone grey and charcoal cloth int, all new glass, rubber, sway bar, 2"drop in the front, 1" drop in the back, rally wheels, probably more i can't remember. gotta sell it to help finance more pedals.

bruce
11-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Tom,

I just realized not long ago you sold gear to finance a new car...now it's selling a car to finance new gear. You gotta love this addiction we all have here.

I truly understand the thing that women have with shoes now.

tom
11-06-2004, 05:14 PM
ouch!

brian b
11-06-2004, 06:38 PM
Yea Brian harris said you were a car junkie also. I don't know about selling a gas machine to finace GAS though. How about just building a couple of extra special pieces. Like a Cobra in sea foam with black hardware.

BrianH
11-06-2004, 07:57 PM
Tom, are you selling?????? Talk to me.

Stys
11-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Brian,

I thought you were a Chrysler guy!!

brian b
11-06-2004, 11:01 PM
Hey can we get ome pics. I have a collection of pedals, might be able to make a trade.:D

jimmieb
11-07-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by tom
ouch!

Don't worry I had a '57 Chevy 210 4 door wagon, it was my first car. If I still had it I wouldn't buy shoes with it. I'd figure out how many Andies, amps and pedals I could buy on the sale of it. Selling that car could make me happy for along time and could buy lots of tone machines. "If loving tone is wrong I don't want to be right!" Sell that gas hawg and save some money on your gas bill. I think your going to need it for that Tone King Meteor...

Jimmie B

PS That car's gotta be worth all the guitars, amps, and pedals you could ever want, and still cover a real hardcore shoe addiction as well. If your into that kinda thing.

bruce
11-07-2004, 03:34 AM
Tom,

I didn't mean you in particular in regards to the "womens shoes"...it was refering to all of us.. (you know that weakness problem I have with Ebay)...I used to think women were nuts to have so many shoes...I understand what it's all about.

tom
11-07-2004, 04:29 PM
yeah, this pedal addiction is in full swing. got to play the zendrive this weekend, and it was very fun and different than my other stuff. there are so many good sounds in it that a doule unit might be in order. i felt like i was playing a bigger nastier amp. i mean that in a very good way. i am really starting to appreciate the differences in different overdrives .

BrianH
11-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Have you tried the V-Stack yet?

jimmieb
11-08-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by bruce
Tom,

I didn't mean you in particular in regards to the "womens shoes"...it was refering to all of us.. (you know that weakness problem I have with Ebay)...I used to think women were nuts to have so many shoes...I understand what it's all about.

To be honest, I have a little weakness to E Bay and women's shoes... I like them best with the women in them though, the shoes that is. Seriously, there's something that borders on addiction with all this hunt for the ultimate tone. I guess if all the bills are paid...Still I have to set limits which for me can be very tough. Sometimes that rock-n-roll idiol (as in idolatry) acts and feels like it's can give me life. Which for me is an incidious little lie that tripps me up much too often. of course, Anderson guitars are so close to perfection that it is somewhat understandable...Right? It is probably kind of sick and I may regret admitting it but... I have this daydream of winning the Lotto and I have all my guitars and pedals picked out just in case I really win... Idolatry? maybe a little matterialisim? I used wear a t-shirt that said PRS Guitars and my pastor would tease me a little by asking, " Does PRS Guitars mean Praise Guitars?" I used to set up for rehearsal with 2 electrics and one acoustic and the same pastor would say, "Looks like Jim's Godtars are ready for worship." It was all in fun but I did feel a little funny about how I viewed my guitar stuff.

Jimmie B

PS Bruce I used to date a lady who loved shoes, she bought so many I think she hasn'nt worn half of them... I know of what you speak, but am not in a position to be critical.

tom
11-08-2004, 12:15 PM
brian, i have heard of it, but never played one. do you know where i can get one to try?

BrianH
11-08-2004, 12:19 PM
I'm sending it to you right now (not like the last time; this one should actually get there!).

tom
11-08-2004, 02:06 PM
that's why i love you so much.

ashman
11-10-2004, 02:02 PM
So many pedals, so little time.