PDA

View Full Version : Look at this Ebay find.........

King Cobra
11-02-2004, 05:53 PM
:eek: !!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=3759032432&rd=1

Can anybody lend me $2600? :p

Looks like a steal if yiou have the Ca$h..............:(

King Cobra
11-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Notice it dosen't say "private stock" anywhere in the documentation from Tom.............that must be his own "ad Lib huh?:rolleyes:

Still an awesome guitar EXACTLY the way I'm gonna order my next one...............I'm recording that serial # for future use. :D

jimmieb
11-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
Notice it dosen't say "private stock" anywhere in the documentation from Tom.............that must be his own "ad Lib huh?:rolleyes:

Still an awesome guitar EXACTLY the way I'm gonna order my next one...............I'm recording that serial # for future use. :D

Private Reserve is a term used by PRS and Robert Mondavi wine, there is also I believe no corollation between pretty tops and great tone. Although a person feels cooler, therefore plays better. Thus the perception is better tone. This is the law of "Psychological tone projection", known to Toniologist the world over.
Actually you have give the guy selling the Andie some credit for an atempt at a well thought out sales pitch, even though we on the forum know it to be fraudulent.

Jimmie B

King Cobra
11-02-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by jimmieb
Actually you have give the guy selling the Andie some credit for an atempt at a well thought out sales pitch, even though we on the forum know it to be fraudulent.

Jimmie B

Yeah..........I'm just here under a month and even I know that.............:p

Sweet guitar though............:)

killerburst
11-02-2004, 09:37 PM
I think the guy just wants to call attention to the fact that the guitar has a personalized selection top, which is a $500 option from TAG. The easiest way for him to do that was to compare to the more commonly known PRS nomenclature to get the point across. I don't know about calling the ad fraudulent. He spells it our pretty clearly in the ad..."I am the original owner of this specially ordered guitar with an incredible ‘Personalized Flame Maple Top’. This is Tom Anderson's version of the highly coveted "Private Stock" woods." He's not really making a fair comparison, since the personalized selection service doesn't permit access to a special stash of woods, just allows for the customer to personally select the exact top for the guitar from available stock, whereas the PRS PS program grants access to woods that are set aside from standard production stock. However, I think the seller probably just doesn't get the distinction and feels he's making a fair comparison.

I think that $500 to pick your own top is a bargain. Every TAG guitar is made from the best materials available, but if you want to pick the exact piece from available stock, you pay for personalized selection. But even if you don't get the personalized top, you'll still get the very best wood that TAG has to offer.

King Cobra
11-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by killerburst
I think the guy just wants to call attention to the fact that the guitar has a personalized selection top, which is a $500 option from TAG. The easiest way for him to do that was to compare to the more commonly known PRS nomenclature to get the point across. I don't know about calling the ad fraudulent. He spells it our pretty clearly in the ad..."I am the original owner of this specially ordered guitar with an incredible ‘Personalized Flame Maple Top’. This is Tom Anderson's version of the highly coveted "Private Stock" woods." He's not really making a fair comparison, since the personalized selection service doesn't permit access to a special stash of woods, just allows for the customer to personally select the exact top for the guitar from available stock, whereas the PRS PS program grants access to woods that are set aside from standard production stock. However, I think the seller probably just doesn't get the distinction and feels he's making a fair comparison.

I think that $500 to pick your own top is a bargain. Every TAG guitar is made from the best materials available, but if you want to pick the exact piece from available stock, you pay for personalized selection. But even if you don't get the personalized top, you'll still get the very best wood that TAG has to offer.

Makes sense. I learn something new here everyday........... ;)

tom
11-03-2004, 10:43 AM
we do have a specil pile of tops with $ on them. these are for personal selection. i usually pull 2 or 3 out of every 100 or so to get them. lately the tops have been so nice that i could have pulled way more. we don't really get that many orders for them so i would say the top quality in general is up.

bruce
11-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Did I read that right?? Buy it Now price if $1411 US dollars?

bruce
11-03-2004, 02:29 PM
ok...now I see...I read it backwards...sorry for the heartattacks I may have caused.

BIG GINGER GIT
11-03-2004, 03:30 PM
I posted that link on the PRS BAM forum last night :D ;)

King Cobra
11-03-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by tom
we do have a specil pile of tops with $ on them. these are for personal selection. i usually pull 2 or 3 out of every 100 or so to get them. lately the tops have been so nice that i could have pulled way more. we don't really get that many orders for them so i would say the top quality in general is up.

I can't see a Top being much better then the one I have.......I guess they get deeper or more 3D?

killerburst
11-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by tom

Oops...I thought that personalized selection just meant you get to pick 'em. I didn't realize you were sorting them. Mea culpa.

tom
11-03-2004, 06:57 PM
it does not always mean "better". sometimes it's a particular kind of figure their after. to me sometimes the weirdest stuff is the coolest.

killerburst
11-03-2004, 09:25 PM
I hear you. It's hard to imagine anything "better" than my T-Plum Drop Top. I considered personalized selection on that one, but chose not to go that way. When I got the guitar, I couldn't imagine having picked a better top at any cost. Now I wonder... what was Tom holding in the back room?

King Cobra
11-03-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by killerburst
I hear you. It's hard to imagine anything "better" than my T-Plum Drop Top. I considered personalized selection on that one, but chose not to go that way. When I got the guitar, I couldn't imagine having picked a better top at any cost. Now I wonder... what was Tom holding in the back room? :D

Tom can we have a sneak peek? :p

dannopelli
11-03-2004, 11:34 PM
i have four Andy's now. One fireburst, one flame, one quilt and one plain. I must say that IMHO the consistent quality of the TA tops trumps all the other stuff out there. Sure, I have seen some Gibson Custom shop stuff and PRS private stock things that are just AWESOME.

But the TA is just ALWAYS awesome. Not just somtimes. Book matches ALWAYS line up. Tops and backs NEVER have gaps.

I went on a PRS shop tour and was thouroughly impressed. I own two PRS's - one with a KILLER Quilt top. And they are great guitars. Sound great!

However three weeks after that tour what do I buy next? An Andy. I just can't get over how well these look and play!

Keith
11-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Hi guys
I'm a newbie to this site and thought I'd introduce myself. I bought the Cobra on ebay and eagerly awaiting its arrival.
I was shopping for a PRS (sorry I know the rules say no swearing) but saw the cobra and thought it was the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen. I just had to have it. Its very interesting to see the guitar has attracted so much comment.
I'm hoping this is the start of a long and happy love affair with Toms guitars I've never heard a single bad word on them.

Just thought I'd say hello

keith

dannopelli
11-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Hey Keith,

I switched from being a PRS fan to an Andy fan about a year ago. Never looked back.

You get as high or higher level of quality as well as far more availabel customization options with the TAG product. And from time to time you can talk to the company founder himslef, especially on this board.

You will be happy!

Danno

pcbb
11-07-2004, 05:16 PM
cool guitar Keith

King Cobra
11-08-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by dannopelli
Hey Keith,

I switched from being a PRS fan to an Andy fan about a year ago. Never looked back.

You get as high or higher level of quality as well as far more availabel customization options with the TAG product. And from time to time you can talk to the company founder himslef, especially on this board.

You will be happy!

Danno

Ditto..........I'm an Andy convertee from PRS also...........Its only been about 2 months but I'm hooked. My long term goal is to save enough to buy a new Andy every 1 1/2 -2 yrs. :)