PDA

View Full Version : Just another thought............question......

King Cobra
10-30-2004, 08:37 AM
I know so many great artists use TAG's............has Tom Anderson ever considered making a signature Axe?

Suriel Zayas
10-30-2004, 11:43 AM
imho.....and i do not speak for tom and the gang, but the craftsmanship, care and detail that goes into each tag produces that feeling that it is your own signature model. let me explain. on the day i picked my first tag (11 years ago), the feeling that overcame me was that tom built this guitar just for me. everything about this instrument was what i ever wanted in a guitar made only for me. i thought had gotten lucky, but that was not the case. and every tag that i've ever owned has been my own signature model, because i get that feeling over and over again. so, if you share in any bit my sentiment, enjoy your king cobra signature guitar by tag. ;)

peace.

BFC
10-30-2004, 01:31 PM
The interesting thing here is that if you know the specs of a particular artist's TAG, you can order that exact guitar for yourself without paying a premium.

Brian

bruce
10-30-2004, 02:20 PM
Yeah, the signature model has none other than Tom Anderson on the headstock!

tom
10-30-2004, 07:13 PM
a few artists have wanted to do signature models, and i ask them what would be different than what we offer. there is usually a long pause. i just figure it would limit what we offer already, so we try not to do it.

King Cobra
11-01-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Suriel Zayas
so, if you share in any bit my sentiment, enjoy your king cobra signature guitar by tag. ;)

I like that. :)

King Cobra
11-01-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by tom
a few artists have wanted to do signature models, and i ask them what would be different than what we offer. there is usually a long pause. i just figure it would limit what we offer already, so we try not to do it.

Fair enough. Quality over sales..........I should have known better .........:(

tom
11-02-2004, 11:05 AM
yes, quality over sales, but it's really about limiting posibilities. if a certain combo is an "artist" model, can others not have that combo? also, what artist do you knowthat uses the same guitar year after year? i realize there are some, but most like to mix it up. i know i do.

slowburn
11-02-2004, 11:35 AM
i think keith richards had a tele surgically attached to his hip.

Roy (maybe)
11-02-2004, 11:36 AM
The other thing too is that we try to treat everyone who wants to get a guitar from us as we would treat someone like Keith Richards. Every guitar player’s needs are important to us.

Roy (maybe)

slowburn
11-02-2004, 11:56 AM
I don't get the (maybe) thing. are you saying that maybe you're roy and maybe you're not? or saying that you/roy's answer to everything is maybe?

guitarzan
11-02-2004, 04:30 PM
maybe.

King Cobra
11-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Roy (maybe)
The other thing too is that we try to treat everyone who wants to get a guitar from us as we would treat someone like Keith Richards. Every guitar player’s needs are important to us.

Roy (maybe)

Wow. Thats an awesome quote. Tom THAT should be in your next ad in GP or GW.....................No need for signature series guitars becuase................every guitar we make is a signature series guitar...............;)

You can have that BTW...........No charge. :p

tom
11-03-2004, 10:44 AM
you are too kind.

King Cobra
11-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by tom
you are too kind.

Hey, least I can do for making me the happiest I've been in my guitar playing lifetime.............:)