PDA

View Full Version : Candy... I call my Sugar, Candy.....

dannopelli
10-29-2004, 10:27 AM
So I get a call from Dave Thomas at Richmond Music. He tells me that my search for a unique TAG Drop Top Classic is over, that I better run there quick.

Sure enough I walk in and he hands me one of those little red and white mints, you know the kind you get when you leave a restaurant. I look at him and say, "what's up with this?" He tells me to be patient. Then he walks me to the back of the store opens a case, and I cast my eyes on this drop dead beautiful and unique TAG Drop Top Classic in Nearly Natural Red!

WOW! Was all I could say! What an awesome looking guitar! It sounds incredible, (as you would expect). And it is super light too, nearly as light as my Hollow Cobra S.

Check the link below. We went out for a spin last night at Potters in Richmond for her first gig, (Yes I actually use these things live!) You may see her sister, the Hollow Cobra S in Nearly Natural Amber with three M's, glaring jeasouly at me for ignoring her a bit!

THANKS TOM! THANKS ROY! THANKS GOD THERE IS A TOM ANDERSON GUITARWORKS! THIS IS ONE AWESOME GUITAR!

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=5mg31eu.phlyfc2&x=0&y=-j8blik

killerburst
10-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Nice guitar!

Casper
10-29-2004, 12:55 PM
I am so Jealous:mad:
Shaun

pluto
10-29-2004, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the pics! Very cool color.

Classic T
10-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Make sure you eat before you play that thing. Looks gud enuff to take a bite out of.................:D

Wbb
10-29-2004, 03:14 PM
Good 'ole Dave!...he'll hook you up. When my new amp arrived early (2 weeks ago), he slyly called and said I was going to be one of his best customers (not including Danno). Yeah right, maybe when I pay you for my new amp that's on order. Well you better get over here now he said, because I'm sitting here looking at it! Woo Hoo I'm on the way!!

They both look great onstage Danno, and with the Dr Z in the background you'd be hard pressed to take a better photo than that! Have fun with it, I'll make a point to catch a few sets of "Therochelle" this winter.

Bill

dannopelli
10-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Thanks guys. Hopefully I can make it to Bill's next jam and bring one or two fo these babies along!

BoraBora
10-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Your new guitar is amazingly beautiful. I've always liked candy. :D

joe1962
10-29-2004, 07:38 PM
That's a sweet HDTC! I bet the VA pickups do sound great through a Maz Sr. Those amps love single coils! I've always wondered what VA pickups would sound like in a Hollow Drop Top. I've got the usual SA pickups in mine.

Scott Peterson
10-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Very nice!! Congrats!!

dannopelli
10-29-2004, 10:56 PM
Hey Joe,

Thanks for the comments. I really like the VA's. Super PUPS!

Actually it is solid, not hollow. When I first picked it up I thought it was hollow, but it is not. Just very light.

Check it out 10-06-04P