PDA

View Full Version : Tom, Thanks for the advice on the Tone Core Pedals

dannopelli
10-27-2004, 04:47 PM
Tom,

Just got my Echo Park. IT IS AWESOME! Much better than the DD5 it is replacing.

Thanks for the advice. I am so happy I bought another one of your guitars! 10-06-04P. I call her the Candy Striper!

Danno

Wbb
10-28-2004, 02:57 PM
Danno,

Did you buy the Andy that just arrived last week that Dave called me about? I heard it was outstanding, can you post a pic?

dannopelli
10-28-2004, 03:26 PM
Hey Bill!

Yeah I did. And Baby makes four! I know I am nuts, but I just love these guitars! She looks like a piece of Candy!

Pics to follow...

Wbb
10-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Congrats! I'm meeting a couple of guys there Saturday to demo some Z's and was going to check it out. You beat me to it! :-)

dannopelli
10-28-2004, 04:05 PM
Come to Potters tonight at 9:00 if youcan and you'll hear it in action!

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=5mg31eu.phlyfc2&x=0&y=-j8blik

tunacaster
10-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Congrats Danno, That is an awesome looking guitar. I sure would like to hear a review on the Echo Park!

Whaz up Bill, thanks for the jam pics!

Wbb
10-29-2004, 07:13 AM
Nice Danno! Four, huh??... you're a tough one to keep up with. ;-)
How'd it do last night? (sorry to hijack your Echo Park thread)

Tommy, you're welcome...it was quite a jam!

joe1962
10-29-2004, 08:08 AM
Danno,

Have you noticed any hiss when the Echo Park is in the signal chain? I ordered one from Musician's Friend and I loved the pedal but sent it back because it added a hiss to my signal whenever it was in the chain. My Boss DD-20 doesn't do this. I've talked to some guys who have the hiss problem and some who don't. I'd love to get a Echo Park if I could find one that doesn't hiss.

dannopelli
10-29-2004, 10:16 AM
Hey Joe!

You live in the same general area as I do. Probably the builder used the same electrician!

Point is that hiss might an electiral issue. I get it at my house. But had no hiss at the club last night. And like most gigs this club did not have the best electrical system.

I have had this problem before with other things. I have teken them to Lucas and had them checked and get no hiss.

I do like this pedal.

BTW Check the General Forum for an update of the pics! Some live action stuff.

joe1962
10-29-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by dannopelli
Point is that hiss might an electiral issue.

I don't think this is an electrical issue. It's a white noise type hiss instead of the usual hum you get from bad AC. The other thing is, none of my other pedals do it, and even the Line6 DL-4 I had for a while didn't. If the thing is that picky about it's power then I consider that to be a bad design as well. Hopefully they just let a few get past QC that aren't right, and I got one of them, since I really like the pedal otherwise. If I can find one without the hiss I'll buy it.

dannopelli
10-29-2004, 10:35 AM
Well Dave told me they are going to order a few. So you'll get a chance to try a few out.

Danno