PDA

View Full Version : My Strange New Anderson

sylvanshine
10-27-2004, 12:38 PM
First image in the gallery (http://www.andersonalley.com/gallery.aspx)

To some, putting a Floyd on a Classic T might be an abomination. But I've got to tell you this thing does it ALL. I love the vintage meets modern look of it too. It came out so much better than I had hoped.

Thanks to Brian for ordering it even when I chickened out. Thanks to Tom & Co. for creating without judging. I am so happy with my strange new friend!

http://www.sylvanshine.net/Classic%20T.jpg

BrianH
10-27-2004, 01:38 PM
I was hoping you would hate it so I could have it, but I'm very happy with how it turned out (and I'm sure the Colonel is happy too).

pluto
10-27-2004, 02:01 PM
the picture doesn't pop up on my monitor screen. Is there a link to the picture?

sylvanshine
10-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Edited for link and photo. Seems to be working now.

pluto
10-27-2004, 03:14 PM
thanks for the link.

michaelomiya
10-27-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by sylvanshine
First image in the gallery (http://www.andersonalley.com/gallery.aspx)

To some, putting a Floyd on a Classic T might be an abomination. But I've got to tell you this thing does it ALL. I love the vintage meets modern look of it too. It came out so much better than I had hoped.

Thanks to Brian for ordering it even when I chickened out. Thanks to Tom & Co. for creating without judging. I am so happy with my strange new friend!

Jay, sweet! Now all you need is a "D-tuna" so that you can play "Unchained" w/o changing guitars!!:D

pcbb
10-27-2004, 03:45 PM
cool Andy Jay

nickdahl
10-27-2004, 08:41 PM
I think it's cool.

Nick

BrownDog
10-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Share the skinny on the tone, etc.

Enjoy.

With tone and oneness, Mike

BFC
10-27-2004, 11:17 PM
I like it! I still want an Anderson with a Floyd Rose. I've never owned a guitar with a Floyd for various reasons but I just have this feeling that the Anderson boys do them just right.:)

Brian

tmihm
10-28-2004, 08:35 AM
That's WAY cool. I had a three pickup Tele with a Kahler, and it was a monster! I can only imagine how that Classic T would howl.

Congrats!!!!

BoraBora
10-29-2004, 05:37 PM
Very nice guitar Jay. :)

dannopelli
10-29-2004, 10:57 PM
COOL! CONGRATS!

Suriel Zayas
10-30-2004, 10:56 AM
that is one slamming looking guitar! enjoy!:cool:

sylvanshine
11-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by BrownDog
Share the skinny on the tone, etc.

As with all 3 M Andersons with a splitter, it covers humbucker, Strat and Tele sounds remarkably well. I would put the brightness and snap of this alder-bodied guitar between a Cobra (darker) and a maple neck/swamp ash Classic T (brighter). The Floyd adds a looser tension to the strings (which I like) than I've experienced with the vintage trem. To my ear, chords seem to be in better tuning than an equally equipped BF vintage trem Anderson.

Another interesting thing on this particular guitar, is when you flick the bar on the Floyd, the entire top of the guitar vibrates for what seems like days. I haven't experienced that on any other Floyd Anderson.

So if you've longed for the best Strat, Tele or Les Paul you've ever played with the tuning stability of a Floyd, you can't go wrong with this set up. This guitar, for me, does everything. Highly highly recommended.

BrianH
11-01-2004, 11:41 AM
so, you like it right ?

sylvanshine
11-01-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by BrianH
so, you like it right ?

Muchas. Sorry :(

p.s. Just measured the .050 over neck and it came out the same as my R0. No wonder it felt familiar.

BrianH
11-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Better explain RO to those that just tuned in.

tom
11-01-2004, 04:32 PM
yes please.

joe1962
11-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by BrianH
Better explain RO to those that just tuned in.

Let me guess... 60 Historic Les Paul?

sylvanshine
11-01-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by joe1962
Let me guess... 60 Historic Les Paul?

That's correct. Sorry, it was more of an aside to Brian. That is part of the vernacular of another forum.

BrianH
11-01-2004, 07:10 PM
They measure out the same???? Thats strange...
Must say, that 50 over is sweet.

GaryMcT
02-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Very very old thread!

This is the only evidence that I've found of a "classic" T with a Floyd. I'm loving my Hollow T so much, that I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't get another one with a recessed/floating Floyd. Is it possible to order a Hollow T (pickguard and all) with a Floyd?

Edit: To be very specific, I mean 05-09-06A, but with a Floyd.

michaelomiya
02-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Very very old thread!

This is the only evidence that I've found of a "classic" T with a Floyd. I'm loving my Hollow T so much, that I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't get another one with a recessed/floating Floyd. Is it possible to order a Hollow T (pickguard and all) with a Floyd?

I think the shop will do almost anything you want, short of putting a floyd on a Mahogany guitar (wink). But, remember to put a D-tuna on that thang - EVH has to finance the new tour!!:cool:

GaryMcT
02-04-2007, 02:54 PM
I think the shop will do almost anything you want, short of putting a floyd on a Mahogany guitar (wink). But, remember to put a D-tuna on that thang - EVH has to finance the new tour!!:cool:

I want a floating Floyd, so the D-tuna won't do me any good unless I put a tremol-no or something similar on there. Do you float any of your Floyds?

Dave K
02-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Very very old thread!

I played Gary's hollow T yesterday and now I want one!
Shame on you for showing it to me,Gary. ;)

michaelomiya
02-04-2007, 05:02 PM
I want a floating Floyd, so the D-tuna won't do me any good unless I put a tremol-no or something similar on there. Do you float any of your Floyds?

only the TAG's and Suhrs and 1 RR1 Jackson.

But, I've slipped the D-tuna on a couple of these boo-tiki axes and the Jackson (with floating, recessed Floyds). blocking is not a requirement. they work fine w/ or w/o in my experience. the only thing is ya gotta be careful of pulling/pushing the barrel in and out too fast (pleasurable for the player, not so fun for the guitar.:eek: :D :D) Since the TAG's and Suhrs have recessed cavities, and depending on how low the action is, it could scratch the finish. :p

GaryMcT
02-05-2007, 02:55 AM
only the TAG's and Suhrs and 1 RR1 Jackson.

But, I've slipped the D-tuna on a couple of these boo-tiki axes and the Jackson (with floating, recessed Floyds). blocking is not a requirement. they work fine w/ or w/o in my experience. the only thing is ya gotta be careful of pulling/pushing the barrel in and out too fast (pleasurable for the player, not so fun for the guitar.:eek: :D :D) Since the TAG's and Suhrs have recessed cavities, and depending on how low the action is, it could scratch the finish. :p

Don't you go out of tune with a floating bridge when you engage/disengage the d-tuna?

GaryMcT
02-05-2007, 02:58 AM
I played Gary's hollow T yesterday and now I want one!
Shame on you for showing it to me,Gary. ;)

I'm not sure when/if the honeymoon will end, but I can't get over that guitar. I can't tell if it's freakishly nice, or if all Anderson Hollow T's are like that. :)

We stopped by a local dealer. . . first time I've seen any Anderson sparkle finishes. In this case, we saw a gold sparkle. . .holy-moly do pictures not even come close to doing justice on those!

michaelomiya
02-05-2007, 03:21 AM
Don't you go out of tune with a floating bridge when you engage/disengage the d-tuna?

not in my experience. the D-tuna sits on the low E peg. the horizontal motion of the barrel raises or reduces the tension on the string. floating or blocked has no impact as long as you're not ripping the barrel out. now if you're not careful, with a floating, recessed floyd, you could pull the string (and bridge) sharp while damaging the finish. but this is if you're actually trying to play AND adjust at the same time.

tom
02-05-2007, 12:36 PM
we can put a floyd on it as long as it does not have the raditional bridge pickup. the bridge cavity runs into that pu rout.

Mister T
02-11-2007, 07:16 PM
I wouldnt call that strange at all. In fact I think that you have a great looking guitar with specs that mirror something I would order.