PDA

View Full Version : Tightening the Trem Arm

JoeB63
11-16-2003, 10:14 PM
Is there any way to get the trem arm on my TA to be more snug in the hole? I have the current Fishman-type trem. It tends to slide out a bit while executing my awesome stage moves. :p

Thanks,
Joe

Stan Malinowski
11-17-2003, 05:25 AM
Joe,

I had the same problem with one of my Classics, the fix is easy! There is a small set (allen/hex) head screw on the trem block which can be tightened to hold the trem arm more snug. To gain access to the screw first insert the trem arm in the trem assembly. Loosen the string tension and press down on the trem arm. As the trem assmembly lifts from the body look down around the area where the trem arm is inserted and you will see the set screw. Tighten it a bit and test the snugness of the arm in the trem block.

Stan

JoeB63
11-17-2003, 07:20 PM
Thanks Stan, You know, I took a quick look in that area yesterday, but didn't see an adjustment screw. But I didn't loosen the strings first. I'll look again.

It does seem like it was tighter in the hole a few months ago. It must have loosened a bit.

John Price
11-17-2003, 07:34 PM
Joe,
You might want to look on the side of the trem arm under the bridge not at the back! just press the trem arm down and take a look!!! Thats were mine is located at!
:cool: