PDA

View Full Version : Brothers unite! Help a fellow member...

elambo
08-19-2003, 01:50 AM
Let me take this forum for a test drive - see how fast it goes...

I'm currently Anderson-less, but seriously looking. Here's the criteria: Strat, but better. Nothing too hybrid, just a higher-functioning Strat. I wouldn't be against MORE options, but it should have at least the basic 5 tones. If I can retire the Fender to it's wall hanger in favor of this new guitar I wouldn't be upset.

Which model(s) should I be thinking about?

Stan Malinowski
08-19-2003, 05:01 AM
A Classic with VA Series (vintage) pickups will get you to the classic strat tone.

Once you get to the Drop Top, Classic Drop Top, etc (anything with a maple top) you start to drift away from the classic strat tone towards more of a unique modern tone. Still good strat tones but not as vintage sounding as a Classic. Your pickup chioce will also vary the tone immensly - Anderson allows you stacked humbuckers, regular humbuckers, vintage single coils (and many variations within each category)!

A Cobra has a shorter (24.75" scale) so its probably the least Strat-like in the Anderson line.

Hope this helps,
Stan

Brad Scott
08-19-2003, 06:09 AM
Stan's right on — if you want a basic Strat from Anderson, the Classic (with ash or alder body - no maple top) is the way to go.

Classic Strat tones with super playabilty.

Distortion
08-19-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by elambo
Let me take this forum for a test drive - see how fast it goes...

I'm currently Anderson-less, but seriously looking. Here's the criteria: Strat, but better. Nothing too hybrid, just a higher-functioning Strat. I wouldn't be against MORE options, but it should have at least the basic 5 tones. If I can retire the Fender to it's wall hanger in favor of this new guitar I wouldn't be upset.

Which model(s) should I be thinking about?

Elambo, be careful hunting for an Anderson guitar.. once you get the first one, they seem to act like rabbits and multiply..:D

If you are looking for a good deal on a basically new 3 color burst Classic, I have one posted in the for sale section..