PDA

View Full Version : New Anderson Model

slowburn
10-14-2004, 10:22 AM
I thought I would start a new thread regarding this. I have a few questions. what finish do you think you will be using on the first "guitar of the week" of the new model? this surely doesn't give anything away. feel free to add in other specs, will the guitar have a trem or a fixed bridge, etc...

tom
10-14-2004, 10:35 AM
i'll be building the first final, or at least i think final version next week. which means i'll be making the neck and body next week. paint will start the following week. it will not be a trem. it will be similar to brian's cobra with a firemistish gold top and brown back. it's probably going to have some big gold flake on top of the firemist. we spec'd out the three we will take to the namm show in january yesterday. not all will have metallic tops. that's all you get for now.

slowburn
10-14-2004, 10:53 AM
cool. so I'm assuming then that since your first final will not be assembled and painted until almost november, that you may just hold off until NAMM to unveil the model. that's cool. I love metallic finishes.

tom
10-14-2004, 11:23 AM
i do not think we will wait for namm, we will leak some photos and info brfore then.

BFC
10-14-2004, 03:14 PM
Good choice on the finish!

:D

Brian

tom
10-14-2004, 04:59 PM
yours was really beautiful. i'm going to add some flake just to make it a bit over the top.

brian b
10-23-2004, 06:13 PM
So got a ? if you go to the model section on the anderson site and click on cobra or any other model the little drop down let's you click on what is called a Cobra deluxe. But when it comes up it say's picture and info coming soon. Is this the new model that is coming out.

tom
10-24-2004, 10:49 PM
no, we were going to call the mini equipped cobra a deluxe, but changed our mind.

Stan Malinowski
10-25-2004, 06:19 AM
And the mystery continues..........