PDA

View Full Version : Hey!

Benny
09-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Hey members, my name is Benny and I am a very biased Anderson user. I was Tom's first official employee back in 1985 (I think Roy and Curtis were there to repay Tom for his services: good thing there weren't any dishes to do), and continue to be a part of the shop when time permits me to leave the Bay Area of Northern CA, or when heavy vacation time hits the shop. From the faithful Onsrud pin router that made airplane parts in the 60's, to the mighty Fadal CNC mill, I've seen and helped the shop grow from its humble, dusty beginnings in Unit 1, to the current, humble success it enjoys today.

If you'd ever like to get a feel for what the shop was like in the old days, stand in a room that's blasting the Doobie Brothers, or Buddy Emmons and open your vacuum cleaner bag and shake it out everywhere: don't forget to wear a dustmask.

Whenever I see one of our guitars in the world I see what represents a moment in more two decades of innovation and artistry in the history of Tom Anderson Guitarworks, and it makes me proud to be part of that tradition.

The Anderson Guitars Forum has been a great place to read about the people who made the company a success: you! I look forward to reading more in the forum.

Peace

killerburst
09-29-2004, 04:33 PM
Great first post! Glad you're here.

ToneLounge
09-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Welcome Benny!

Glad to see you here - it's been too long my friend. I'll never forget that EE inspired sea foam guitar you helped make happen! And who could forget the "Benny love thing"...

Blessings,
Brian Swerdfeger

Benny
09-29-2004, 10:48 PM
The "Benny Love Thing" is alive and well and making all manner of guitars happy. Great to Hear from my Anderson friends and family.

pcbb
09-30-2004, 01:41 AM
Aloha Benny

bruce
09-30-2004, 01:42 AM
I think you called me a member...(Butthead voice).

Great to have you here Benny...

Donk70
09-30-2004, 02:37 AM
Welcome aboard Benny. Please feel free to post any and all guitar pics that you have.

Scott Peterson
09-30-2004, 08:48 AM
Very Very cool - welcome to the Anderson Forum!!!

tmihm
09-30-2004, 10:09 AM
It's a pleasure to have you here, Benny. A warm welcome from PA. ;)

Terry

Stan Malinowski
09-30-2004, 10:17 AM
Benny,

Any past or present Anderson employee is such a welcome asset to the forum. Most of us love to hear the details of the early days and how TAG has evolved over the years.

Welcome aboard!

John Price
09-30-2004, 07:18 PM
Welcome!
Nice to have you here!!!

;)

Benny
10-04-2004, 01:59 PM
I appointed myself as the archivist in the early shop days. I've got a bit of everything; first guitars, NAMM shows, prototypes and artist guitars. Once I get my scanner running on the new computer I'll have some very cool photos from the old days. These are shots that Tom hasn't seen since they were developed. Some patience though, as I have a very pregnant wife who needs me away from the computer.

Cheers until then...
Benny

jness
10-04-2004, 03:26 PM
Greetings Benny!

As a former employee of TAG and brother to all of the crew from the mid 80's to mid 90's I say welcome my very dear friend.

So many guitars...

So many shop memories...

I still have the beautiful quilted maple incense burner you made for me!

Not to mention the awesome hiking staff!

Hope everything is going great for you and the misses!

Let's talk soon my brutha!

BoraBora
10-05-2004, 12:59 AM
Welcome Benny. When you have time, I believe we would all like to hear some stories from the early Anderson days. :)