PDA

View Full Version : Relative Pickup Volume

JoeB63
09-28-2004, 07:09 PM
I feel that my bridge pickup is too loud relative to my neck pickup on my Cobra S. The obvious fix is to lower the bridge PU or raise the neck PU. Which one should I change -- or is there another less obvious solution?

Thanks!

tom
09-28-2004, 07:46 PM
the obvious one will do. if you like the sound of the neck pickup, lower the bridge pickup. if you like the sound of the bridge pickup, raise the neck pickup.

bruce
09-29-2004, 02:12 AM
...or you can do both.

Roy (maybe)
09-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Hi Joe,

Some guitar players like a little more muscle on one pickup over another and some do not. If height adjustments do quite do it, a pickup swap should make everything right with the world again.

Happy Playing,
Roy (maybe)

JoeB63
09-29-2004, 01:56 PM
Thanks guys. I really noticed it at my last gig. I had played the first set with (ahem) another brand guitar, and then mid-second set, I switched to the Hollow Cobra. I didn't change anything on the amp. When I flipped from the neck PU to the bridge for my solo on the first song - BOOM - too much volume jump.

Anyway, I noticed it again yesterday when I was playing at home, and I realized that I need to adjust it. I'll try lowering one and raising the other just a smidge and see what happens.