PDA

View Full Version : Hello Anderson Forum

John C
11-08-2003, 07:45 PM
Hello,

Some of you may know me from other boards; I've been a regular at the PRS Forum (RIP 12/1/03:( ), McInturff Form, LP Forum and some other places.

I've been interested in Andersons for years; unfortunately, until recently there hasn't been a dealer very close, and the next closest dealer tended to stock items I wasn't really interested in. My intertest has tended toward Classics and Cobras (with low-output, vintage pickups). This particular dealer tended to get in basswood drop tops with high-output pickups - just what I wanted in the late 80s-early 90s, not what I'm into these days.

After a lengthy "strat search" I wound up with a Suhr Classic - plus I've had false starts with a Melancon and did spend some time with a Grosh Bent Top (with fairly low-output pickups). As nice as Grosh and Melancon are, for me Suhr and Anderson were virtually tied - six months ago the tie-breaker went to Suhr; now I'm here because I've been rethinking the decision.;)

Hopefully I can contribute a little to the Forum while I learn a bit more about Andersons from the best source - the players.

John C.

John Price
11-08-2003, 10:37 PM
Welcome to the forum John!
I hope you enjoy your stay here, and help us grow into a strong and positive place to hang out! ;)

Stan Malinowski
11-09-2003, 11:07 AM
John,

Welcome aboard! I'm sure your journey thru many of the botique brands is not much different than those of many members here! I guess that's sort of the reason I own my Andersons (2 Classics & a Cobra) as well as a Grosh Retro and a couple of Fender CS Relic Strats.

My Andy Classics are very traditional (alder & swamp ash bodies and VA pickups) and my Cobra S has the vintage style low power HO series pickups so I understand where you are coming from (or going to!).