PDA

View Full Version : Classic T for sale

joe1962
09-22-2004, 09:20 AM
I've got a smokin' Classic T for sale. It's a great guitar but I also have a Hollow T Classic and I can't afford to keep both. This one has the same specs and the one played by Mark Goldenberg, guitarist with Jackson Browne. It's in mint condition with the only thing keeping it from being new condition are very light pickmarks on the pickguard. There are no dings, scratches or fretwear at all. Email me for more pics. I'll take $1400 shipped, money order or Pay Pal (if you pay the Pay Pal fees). Here are the specs from the Anderson site:

Model - T Classic
Body Finish - Tobacco Burst
Body Wood - Alder
Neck Wood - Hard Rock Maple
Neck Finish - Satin Finish, Tinted Back
Nutwidth - 1 5/8 in
Frets - Heavy
Back Shape - .050 inch oversized
Hardware - Chrome
Bridge - Non-Tremolo Fixed Bridge
Pickguard - White Single Ply
Pickups - TV1 TV3
Switching - 3 Way with Vintage Voicing on all
Strings - .010-.046 Elixir strings
Comments -

BFTS

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/joemobile/Images/guitars/Classic_T.jpg

joe1962
09-22-2004, 11:39 AM
In case you're wondering what it sounds like, here's a clip I made using this very guitar:

http://www.hermidaaudio.com/zendrive2.mp3

bruce
09-22-2004, 12:37 PM
That there is a nice guitar son. I like the pedal too!

joe1962
09-22-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by bruce
That there is a nice guitar son. I like the pedal too!

Thanks! I really wish I could just keep both of my Classic T's. I don't use a T style guitar primarily and I like the hollow one slightly more than the solid. It just doesn't make sense for me to have that much money tied up in two of them.

As for the pedal, I had a hard time sending the prototype back. Hopefully I'll get the final production one from Alf in the next month or so. It really is a great pedal!

tom
09-22-2004, 01:22 PM
is that the one on the site that says coming soon? sounds real good.

joe1962
09-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by tom
is that the one on the site that says coming soon? sounds real good.

That's the one. It's called the Zendrive. It's one of the most dynamic low-gain pedals I've tried. Of course that was the prototype. Hopefully the final version will be just as good.

tom
09-22-2004, 03:04 PM
any idea of price yet?

PaulS
09-22-2004, 03:10 PM
I paid $150 for mine so I imagine that's the current pricing.

"That's the one. It's called the Zendrive. It's one of the most dynamic low-gain pedals I've tried. Of course that was the prototype. Hopefully the final version will be just as good."

Extremely responsive to dynamics...combined with the sensitivity of Anderson pick-ups it certainly gives a nice range to work with.

Paul

joe1962
09-22-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by PaulS
I paid $150 for mine so I imagine that's the current pricing.

"That's the one. It's called the Zendrive. It's one of the most dynamic low-gain pedals I've tried. Of course that was the prototype. Hopefully the final version will be just as good."

Extremely responsive to dynamics...combined with the sensitivity of Anderson pick-ups it certainly gives a nice range to work with.

Paul

Did you get yours already?

PaulS
09-22-2004, 03:21 PM
Yep, got it last week. I guess I received the very first commercial one off of his workbench.

Paul

joe1962
09-22-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by PaulS
Yep, got it last week. I guess I received the very first commercial one off of his workbench.

Paul

WOw, I was #7 on the list and he didn't even notify me for payment yet... I guess I need to give Alf a call!

joe1962
09-23-2004, 02:52 PM
Hate to have to eBay this one, so how about $1400 shipped? That's $600 off what you'd pay new, and this is a mint guitar!

jjhboots
10-07-2004, 08:23 AM
I really liked your clip. Really nice. I have a Dr. Z amp as well and I like it - hope you sold your guitar. John

joe1962
10-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by jjhboots
I really liked your clip. Really nice. I have a Dr. Z amp as well and I like it - hope you sold your guitar. John

Thanks for the kind words. I did sell the guitar. I actually sold the Dr Z as well. Not that there was anything wrong with the tone of the Z, my ear just wants to hear something different these days. The funny thing is I have a friend who says it doesn't matter what guitar, amp, or pedal I use, I always end up sounding like me. I suppose there is some truth to that. I tend to think certain gear just makes me sound MORE like me :)

tmihm
10-07-2004, 09:26 AM
Congrats on the sale (s), Joe.

So the obvious question.......

....what do you have on the backburner? Or is it a secret? :)

joe1962
10-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by tmihm
Congrats on the sale (s), Joe.

So the obvious question.......

....what do you have on the backburner? Or is it a secret? :)

I have my new HDTC (see the link below for pic). I also have a Cobra S with M's on order that I hope to see sometime next month. I've got high expectations for that one!

tmihm
10-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Whew...that HDTC is to die for!

Nice photos of all of the guitars too. ;)

joe1962
10-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by tmihm
Whew...that HDTC is to die for!

Nice photos of all of the guitars too. ;)

Thanks! I love them all for what they do, but to be honest the HDTC can cover 90% of the tones I need.

jjhboots
10-07-2004, 10:07 AM
Nice guitars. How do you like your Grosh?

joe1962
10-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by jjhboots
Nice guitars. How do you like your Grosh?

It is absolutely the best sounding and playing Strat guitar I've ever played. And this is from a guy who has owned probably 40 Strats or Strat style guitars (even a couple of vintage Fenders) over the years. I've actually had 3 different Retro Classics and while they were all cool this one has something extra the others lacked. I haven't tried it against a Anderson Classic yet though. Still, I can't imagine how I could improve on this one. It just has a lot of "Mojo". It's not too bad on the eyes either :)

jjhboots
10-07-2004, 10:27 AM
I'm glad to hear you say that. I think my retro classic is the best. I have a Cunetto relic and an awesome TA classic but the Grosh is a bit better.

guitarzan
10-17-2004, 05:50 PM
Joe1962,
I just listened to that clip of the zendrive and your t classic. That's great stuff. You're right, it's a great cop of the B. Paisley flavor. I was courting the idea of going with Dr Z but ended up doing a TopHat Club Royale 2x12 instead. They seem comparable and TopHat is right down the road here in Southern California so I could stop by and see Brian Gerhard any time I needed to be talked down off a ledge or something.

I'd really like to hear the same kinda clip with a hollow t classic to get a feel for the audible difference. Also, I just got a chance to listen to a hollow t classic loaded with m's through a friend of the Anderson family and it yanked me out of GAS remission. I'd love to get an A/B/C of the different T's in the Anderson arsenal. I just might be willing to pull the trigger and sacrifice my HDTC for one. (I'm a Texas kid who can't the sound of "tele-spank" out of his head!!!)

Anyway, I just got on to pay you a compliment and went into a psuedo life story.

In summation:
Great Tone
Great Pedal
Great Playing
The accent takes me home

joe1962
10-17-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by guitarzan
Joe1962,
I just listened to that clip of the zendrive and your t classic. That's great stuff. You're right, it's a great cop of the B. Paisley flavor. I was courting the idea of going with Dr Z but ended up doing a TopHat Club Royale 2x12 instead. They seem comparable and TopHat is right down the road here in Southern California so I could stop by and see Brian Gerhard any time I needed to be talked down off a ledge or something.

I'd really like to hear the same kinda clip with a hollow t classic to get a feel for the audible difference. Also, I just got a chance to listen to a hollow t classic loaded with m's through a friend of the Anderson family and it yanked me out of GAS remission. I'd love to get an A/B/C of the different T's in the Anderson arsenal. I just might be willing to pull the trigger and sacrifice my HDTC for one. (I'm a Texas kid who can't the sound of "tele-spank" out of his head!!!)

Anyway, I just got on to pay you a compliment and went into a psuedo life story.

In summation:
Great Tone
Great Pedal
Great Playing
The accent takes me home

Thanks for the compliments!

I don't have that T Classic any more but I do have the same spec guitar but in hollow, so I can give you my conparison of the two. They were really very close in tone, with the solid being a little tighter in the mids and the hollow being a little softer in the mids. The hollow has a little compression in the attack that is nice for cleaner tones, while the solid has a little more punch for overdriven tones. I wound up keeping the hollow because it was the more expensive of the two more than anything, and if you heard recordings of both I doubt you'd be able to tell them apart. Both were great guitars and IMHO Anderson T and Hollow T Classics are the best Tele guitars out there.

By the way, as hard as I've tried I can't seem to shake the accent :D

guitarzan
10-18-2004, 10:09 AM
I've got a MIM Nashville Tele that sounds great unplugged but just has something stinky about it when it's plugged in. I love my HDTC because it has that hollow compression you mentioned and it just squishes all the notes that I really dig in to. I'd love to find something that was 100% tele, but also had that squish. However, if I can only afford one, it puts me in a tough position. Do I go with a HTC or stick with my HDTC.

Do you feel like your Hollow T can cover all of the bases that one guitar would need to cover to be a sideman? Is it a "desert island" guitar?

joe1962
10-18-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by guitarzan
Do you feel like your Hollow T can cover all of the bases that one guitar would need to cover to be a sideman? Is it a "desert island" guitar?

The Hollow T Classic can cover a lot of tones, but for me the HDTC is still the most versatile guitar I own. Of course that may all change in a month or so when I get my new Cobra S with M's :)

guitarzan
10-18-2004, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I know what you're saying. My buddy has a koa top cobra laoded with 3 m's and it was his holy grail for a little while. He's just like the rest of us (human) so he rekindles the romance with other guitars in his arsenal seasonally- BUT, that cobra maintains the "wife" spot while he just cheats on it with the other ones. He always finds his way back home to her. Enjoy that cobra!!