PDA

View Full Version : Pots

killerburst
09-21-2004, 11:45 AM
Tom/Bruce/Roy (maybe),

I'm curious- Are your pots custom made or off-the-shelf? I ask because I've noticed with a few of them where the very tail end (right before "off") either intermittenly goes back to full volume or cuts off very abruptly, almost like a switch that goes from off to 2 or 3 on the volume scale. Am I having some bad luck or is this what you intended and it's just not what I expected?

sylvanshine
09-21-2004, 12:24 PM
I noticed the same thing on my very first Anderson. I was used to the taper on Gibsons. I don't notice it now as I compensate for it. But it's been that way on every Anderson I've owned.

killerburst
09-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by sylvanshine
I noticed the same thing on my very first Anderson. I was used to the taper on Gibsons. I don't notice it now as I compensate for it. But it's been that way on every Anderson I've owned.

Which symptom? Going from zero to 2, or going back to full volume right before the pot rolls completely off?

tom
09-21-2004, 12:56 PM
it's bad luck. we've been round and round with pot manufacyurers over the years. the old cts was a great taper, but people complained that they didn't turn all the way off. then they started making them in mexico, and they got real stiff. that's when we stopped using them. we have had pots made by several asian mfg's with varying success. the first couple of batches would be great, then we started having the bottom of the taper problem. the newest ones we are getting seem to have it all together. the taper comes on really nice and smooth, and the feel is nice and light. if anyone needs a replacement, email me.

killerburst
09-21-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by tom
it's bad luck. we've been round and round with pot manufacyurers over the years. the old cts was a great taper, but people complained that they didn't turn all the way off. then they started making them in mexico, and they got real stiff. that's when we stopped using them. we have had pots made by several asian mfg's with varying success. the first couple of batches would be great, then we started having the bottom of the taper problem. the newest ones we are getting seem to have it all together. the taper comes on really nice and smooth, and the feel is nice and light. if anyone needs a replacement, email me.

Thanks, Tom. Consider yourself emailed.

sylvanshine
09-21-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by killerburst
Which symptom? Going from zero to 2, or going back to full volume right before the pot rolls completely off?

Jump in volume from 0 to 2. When I do delay swells it causes issues, but that's it.

killerburst
09-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by sylvanshine
Jump in volume from 0 to 2. When I do delay swells it causes issues, but that's it.

Seems like such a small thing, yet somehow I prefer to have no issues when I'm doing volume swells. Call me wacky. :p