PDA

View Full Version : Church music

funalij
09-15-2004, 05:07 AM
Hi guys:

I was reading a lot of threads and some of yours are playing in Churchs.

I like hear any kind of music (you can learn something about it) (I am waiting for a friend of mine to record 2 cds with original China music).

I suppose it's gosphel music and I would like you recomended some way (links, or something like that) to hear this music.

Javier

mwoeppel
09-15-2004, 08:22 AM
Javier, try these:

http://www.vmg.com/
http://www.worshipmusic.com/

Worshipmusic.com has a radio station, vineyard music has iTunes you can download.

mark

funalij
09-15-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by mwoeppel
Javier, try these:

http://www.vmg.com/
http://www.worshipmusic.com/

Worshipmusic.com has a radio station, vineyard music has iTunes you can download.

mark

Thank you Mark

One step behind, the two links are good, but i would like to know
the best album-singer or something like that, 'cos I unknow this music and I have no time enough to hear a lot of music (wife, daughters...you know).

I'll prefer you recomend some album (or songs).
And it will be magic if someone put his own song link or wathever you really play in church.

Best regards
Javier

tom
09-15-2004, 08:42 AM
anything by the david crowder band.

mbrown3
09-15-2004, 08:55 AM
Yep, David Crowder.

chadmj
09-15-2004, 08:59 AM
These are the artisits that I've been listening to lately:

Lincoln Brewster
Chris Tomlin
Jeff Deyo
and as Tom mentioned... David Crowder Band.

We play Tomlin and Crowder a lot at Church as well as Paul Baloche "Praise Adonai", Todd Agnew "Grace Like Rain".

CMCentral.com (http://cmcentral.com) has a lot of good information too about what is out there too.

mwoeppel
09-15-2004, 09:06 AM
ALL of those are great choices. Personally, I've been wearing out David Crowder Band's CD, Illuminate.

mark

funalij
09-15-2004, 10:35 AM
Thank you everyone.

I'm listening david crowder band (thank you Mark for link).

I'm very surprised 'cos I waited traditional gosphel (you know, black chorus voices with a little instruments), but it is modern group music.

I'm not sure if it can be named gosphel but it sounds great.
Another surprise thing for me is that there is no guitar licks or solo guitar licks as now a day.

Javier

tom
09-15-2004, 12:22 PM
no gospel here. crowder has some solo guitar stuff, but it's not really about the solos.

andersonguy
09-15-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by tom
but it's not really about the solos.
Its always about the solos Tom isnt it?...;)

tom
09-15-2004, 02:31 PM
it used to be, but they don't seem quite as important anymore.

pluto
09-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Speaking of Christian bands, does anyone know whatever happened to the Resurrection Band? They were cheesy and derivative, but I remember them being about the only hard rock Christian band in the early 80's.

Son of Anderson
09-15-2004, 03:57 PM
i know nothing of Resurrection Band but if you want some hard rock christian bands here is a list.

Norma Jean
The Chariot
As I Lay Dying
Symphony in Peril
Emery
Further Seems Forever
Zao

Artists listed above are al very heavy with the exception to "Emery" and "Further Seems Forever." Both of which are just good hard rock.

mbrown3
09-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by pluto
Speaking of Christian bands, does anyone know whatever happened to the Resurrection Band? They were cheesy and derivative, but I remember them being about the only hard rock Christian band in the early 80's.

What about Stryper?!? :) They were awesome. Well, I guess they were metal?

pluto
09-15-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by mbrown3

Oh yeah, I forgot about them. I was thinking more earlier 80's (I've always considered them to be mid 80's), but yeah I forgot about those guys and their bumblebee outfits!

funalij
09-16-2004, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by mbrown3

Hi Matthew:
Dou you imagine Stryper playing "soldiers under command" in Church?. :eek:
I can't imagine it.
I think it's a very good heavy band, great sound and they play guitar so good.

I think it's only christian rock band I heard here in Spain.

One more question:
Then, when some of yours are playing at church, you have a stage where there is drum, bass and keyboard (I guess but not sure) with PA included ???

All this it's new for me, we have no simmilar way here.

Javier.

mbrown3
09-16-2004, 07:37 AM
Soldiers Under Command is one of their best. Great playing on that album (also on To Hell With the Devil, their other best). Can't imagine that in church! Yes, we have a PA system, drums, keyboard, piano, guitars, basses, and vocalists all on the platform.

tom
09-16-2004, 09:49 AM
i go to a vineyard church, and it is setup to look kind of like a coffee house. the room is wider than it is long, witha fairly wide stage. we tables out front for people to sit at, and a coffee bar in the back corner. the pa is flown from the ceiling. have i mentioned 8 monitor mixes? i love that.

mbrown3
09-16-2004, 09:53 AM
Yeah, Vineyard churches are usually real good about their setup. I went to a Vineyard church plant here in Philly for a while...great church. I only went elsewhere because I was in seminary and had to do field education, and the Vineyard church wasn't really "established" enough yet to be able to do it there. Great stuff though...taught me a lot about church planting. Their church planting model is excellent.

tom
09-16-2004, 11:03 AM
ours is a plant from about 3 years ago. our pastor was part of a plant in siberia about 10 tears ago. we're going to go back there in april. now that's a vacation spot!

mbrown3
09-16-2004, 11:20 AM
That's great! My father has done some seminars on preaching in Siberia quite a few times. Not as bad as most people think, but not the nicest place in the world! ;)