PDA

View Full Version : Trem Setup

Stan Malinowski
11-07-2003, 12:18 PM
I've noticed a fair amount difference in the factoy setup of the trem on the Andersons I have purchased new over the years. When I do some serious string bending some trems move off the body quite easily (and quite a distance), while others move little, if any, off the body. All the guitars are the 25.5" sscale length and are setup with 10-46 strings.

I really prefer the "spongy" feel I get when the trem comes off the body during string bends. Now it is way I set up all of my "Strat" type guitars when I receive them.

Anybody else notice the variation? Anybody have a hard preference on how their trems are setup?

JoeB63
11-07-2003, 05:19 PM
Mine stays down. I like it that way. At first it was a bit strange, because I'm used to full-floating trems. But guitars with floating trems are a problem on gigs, so now I'm used to the "down-only" trem and I like it. I also like that it doesn't move when I bend strings (using .010's) - especially for double-stop type moves.

John Price
11-07-2003, 09:29 PM
I like both ways! but JoeB63 is right to say floating trems are a problem at gigs unless you have a backup and I hate taking 2 guitars to a gig! More for someone to try and steal from you! Believe me!!!!

gregc
11-18-2003, 06:56 PM
I gotta float my trem for the way I use it. I always bring 2 guitars if I'm planning on going with a Strat style guitar for the gig. That's just how it is...
gregc