PDA

View Full Version : thorn.

slowburn
09-07-2004, 12:33 PM
does thorn use the buzz feiten system & stainless steel frets?

mbrown3
09-07-2004, 01:28 PM
This is probably a question better for the Thorn forum, but here's a preliminary answer.

No. But I talked to Ron the other day about this very thing and he at least seemed open to the ideas...the only thing is that I think Feiten certification has some crazy criteria so it may be harder than him just learning the system. Heck of a guy though.

michaelomiya
09-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by slowburn
does thorn use the buzz feiten system & stainless steel frets?

Last check w/ the shop, the BFTS is not an option, nor was stainless steel. BUT, Ron's such a great guy, I'm sure the SS frets could be wrangled.

ashman
09-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Could Thorn be using some other method to correct intonation? BF aint the be-all and end-all.

tom
09-08-2004, 05:26 PM
of all i have seen it is. i may not have seen them all, but i've seen a few.

mbrown3
09-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Yep, I agree. I've got tremendously sensitive ears (to pitch) and have never found anything that intonates as well as the Feiten system. Any guitar can intonate well in the open position, or at the 12th fret, etc. But none can do both at the same time...until Feiten. Now they're in tune all over the neck. Many guitar players have learned to make tiny adjustments with their fingers to correct the inconsistencies, without even realizing it. But all things being equal, without the Feiten system it's near impossible to have a guitar intonated accurately all over the neck.

mbrown3
09-20-2004, 03:10 PM
Thorn is now Feiten certified...:)