PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Cobra pickup question

joe1962
09-06-2004, 09:05 PM
I recently sold my Cobra S and bought a Hollow Cobra to replace it. I was looking to get a little more open sound, a little less aggressive than the solid Cobra S. I'm using the Hollow Cobra for jazzy blues/fusion type stuff, and so far I like it a lot. The only thing is, my Hollow Cobra has the H1-/H2+ pickup set, and I'm wondering if I wouldn't like it even more with the HO pickups. I had tried the H1-/H2+ set in my Cobra S at one point but found that I prefered the HO1-/HO2 set in to the H pickups in that guitar. So I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, for the styles I'm using the Hollow Cobra for would I like it better with HO pickups since I liked them better in the solid Cobra S?

(or do I just need to just stop being anal and play the guitar? :) )

Roy (maybe)
09-07-2004, 01:01 PM
Hi Joe,

I think that makes good tonal sense that if you prefered the HOs in the Cobra S, then they would be the coils for your Hollow Cobra as well, and should give you even more of the sound you are seeking.

Once installed, then it is time to just “Play the Guitar.”

Mr. (Maybe)

joe1962
09-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Thanks, Roy. I guess I just needed to hear it from someone else to make sure I'm not crazy to make the change. I'll probably order a HO1-/HO1+ set for this guitar, since I want it to be as close as possible to vintage humbucker type output as I can get.