PDA

View Full Version : Can/Will Anderson Do M-Series Retrofits on Anderson guitars?

Scott Peterson
08-29-2004, 01:22 PM
I have a dearly loved Anderson Hollow Drop Top.

I am mulling having the neck and middle pickups retrofit with Anderson M1's. I'll keep the stock H2+ in the bridge, no bother changing that.

I dig the guitar as is, but man the M-Series pickups are just *it*.

Can/Will that be done?

BFC
08-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Would be tough on a rear routed guitar!

I do agree though. The M series are *it* for sure! My second guitar with the M series pickups should be arriving shortly.

:D

Brian

tom
08-31-2004, 12:38 AM
i'll have to tke a closer look, but i don't think the route will cover all that's already there.

Scott Peterson
08-31-2004, 08:31 AM
The more I think about it the more I think maybe I shouldn't try to have this done; just so much cutting on my beloved guitar.... but when I buy a new one (someday!) I know what I want!!

tmihm
09-02-2004, 07:29 AM
That might be a better idea, Scott (waiting for the next one)....I torment myself with schemes like that often. I sent my Rosewood Hollow T (a 2 pup) to TAG and had a middle pup installed, as well as a Fishman bridge.

I wrestled with the decision to modify such a beautiful instrument....having done so in the past and then regretted it later.

Quite honestly...I like the guitar too much "not" to play if I went and bought another one that had three pups. Didn't do the resale value any favors...but what's the point?

It's NOT going to be resold if I have anything to say about it. ;)

It turned out so much better than I ever imagined. I get the best of everything all packed in one piece (well...no humbucker, but I can live w/o that - I really don't use buckers these days anyway except for special occasions where they're needed).

Terry