PDA

View Full Version : Increasing forum traffic

pluto
11-05-2003, 01:38 PM
I was wondering how we can increase forum traffic to make this forum as popular as any other forum. One thing I'm doing is making a conscious effort to visit the forum regularly like I do with Harmony Central and the PRS Gear Page. I also just posted a Hollow Drop Top review on the Harmony Central review archives and mentioned this website with its URL. Are there other things we can do to increase traffic? This forum could be awesome especially with Tom A. posting here too.

Stan Malinowski
11-05-2003, 03:26 PM
Pluto,

Jack Gretz and I have been discussing where and hw the forum should expand. We've discussed some great ideas and work has begun behind the scenes on a few of them. We'll post an announcement as plans become more finalized.

We are open to suggestions, just let us know (either here or by email if you prefer).

Stan

pluto
11-05-2003, 05:16 PM
Great-I'm looking forward to the announcement(s). Tom Anderson makes one of the best guitars in the world imo-I'm hoping all the other Anderson fanatics out there can come here and share useful (and even non useful) info. about Anderson guitars and other gear.

John Price
11-05-2003, 08:01 PM
Being that it's only a few months old I think we're doing fine!
It will take some time to build up the #s So lets enjoy each others company!!

;)

pluto
11-05-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by tombo
I think it'd be pretty cool to have a link on the Anderson home page as well as the Anderson Alley page (they have a link to the other Anderson Forum that has popped up).

Regarding Harmony Central (no offense intended pluto)....boy, I think I left that place back in '99. It started out (as most forums start out) as a nice place to be and a place where good info was distributed. Then, it just became juvenile. One of the biggest Anderson fanatics was thrown off the board (John Ou - a good guy who got a bad deal, IMO). Then there were sooooo many controversies I just didn't go back.

I now frequent this board, the Hamer Fan Club (but limit my posts there - even though my best friend started that board, it has its politics).

I'd like to see this board as just a friendly place to talk about Andys. Disagreements will arise - and that's cool, just as long as they don't turn into pissing wars.

I copied this from the Tom Anderson interview on Harmony Central. Not only did I choose a good guitar when I chose Anderson, but Tom sure has his head on straight. You can't get all wrapped up in gear and these boards. It's just not THAT important:cool:

Check it out.

"I have the most amazing wife and three kids that make my heart jump for joy when I go home. That is the best thing in the world. No matter what you do you can't get caught up in it and make it run your life. Your family is the most important thing. Guitars are really fun and I'd like to think that we make some really great stuff, but it is zero compared to my family."

Tombo, no offense taken. H.C. was the first forum I ever joined and it definitely has had its moments, especially the amp forum. The reasons why it has its problems imo, is that there really is no sense that there is a moderator. I don't post there too much as I am usually on the PRS Gear Page forum. As far as John Ou, I remember that-he and MikeyV and Carl F. had the war of all wars there that just got out of hand. And finally, as far as Tom's quote taken from H.C., I remember reading that several years ago and thinking what a classy person he is. Over the years, I've been tempted to buy guitars from other guitar manufacturers-but I really feel a deep sense of loyalty to Anderson guitars because number one, they make one of the best guitars in the world, but equally important, because of the way Tom is and the way he and his company treat others.

Stan Malinowski
11-06-2003, 07:50 AM
I'd like to see this board as just a friendly place to talk about Andys. Disagreements will arise - and that's cool, just as long as they don't turn into pissing wars.

Excellent Words of Wisdom! I would hope that this board grows to and remains at a level equal to the early days of the PRS Forum (RIP). I hope we are able to recruit and retain a solid core of Anderson fanatics who can rationally discuss the different aspects of TAs.

Hopefully since TA has no plans to expand to the size of PRS our membership interest and participation will be limited to people who want to dialog and not those people who partcipate in a forum just to whine or bash the product/company.

John Price
11-06-2003, 09:56 AM
It's a Shame what happened at the PRS forum! Being a member for a few years and experienced the growth, I really think it will be missed by more that just the members!

Your all welcomed here!

pluto
11-06-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by John Price
It's a Shame what happened at the PRS forum! Being a member for a few years and experienced the growth, I really think it will be missed by more that just the members!

Your all welcomed here!

What happened to the PRS forum?? I've been a member for over a year and a half and besides the name change from the PRS Gear Page to just the Gear Page, what else has happened?

John Price
11-06-2003, 08:18 PM
Just read this and it should explain everything!
PRS Forum (http://209.151.81.189/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38659)

pluto
11-06-2003, 08:38 PM
Ahhhh, I see. I never saw that post because I never really posted too much in the PRS side and always would go directly to the Gear Page site (I've only owned 1 PRS, so I didn't feel comfortable posting on the PRS side). For the last couple of days I just thought they expanded the Gear Page as part of the changes that Scott P. talked about in October (name change, categories, etc.).