PDA

View Full Version : DIY Pedalboard

ClayCromer
09-23-2021, 06:58 AM
Hey all, it has been ages since I've posted, but I've been making more time for music lately, and one of my fun recent projects was putting together this pedalboard. It's designed with the Crowdster in mind but works with any guitar. The TRS jack in the black box takes the Crowdy or any electric guitar w/ standard cable, and the gold jack to the left is an acoustic guitar input. The 2 jacks on the back also let me patch in an amp.

Here's the signal path via the TRS in:
Tip (Electric): Mini Ego Comp —> TC Spark Booster —> Egnater Goldsmith —> A/B box ("A" routes out to an amp input / "B" continues in the chain) --> passive summer (to receive "A" from amp FX send or "B" from Egnater GS —> MXR Carbon Copy —> T2 Reverb --> Hydra Boost —> RC-1 Looper (w/ add'l switch on the side) —> Direct Drive XLR for direct to PA (or use 1/4" "thru" output on the DD (no signal coloration) to amp FX return if using an amp)

Ring (Acoustic): TC BodyRez —> RC-1 Looper —> A/B box w/ mini toggle to tuner (flipping the switch let's me tune from the electric/tip signal) --> Peterson Tuner XLR for direct to PA

Secondary gold jack on the front is for acoustic guitar & patches into the Ring (acoustic) circuit for the Crowdster but adds the K&K pure preamp first.

Coolest part of it all --- the "under the hood section" :) But, it was tight to fit everything in there & get the lid to close. Learned a lot & thought I'd share in case any of this is useful or inspirational to anyone.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8s1r417fhx943hb/AABxo1PRgXTQgE6qWeWlqsvga?dl=0

PS - I also have a Bobcat on order as of yesterday!

markus
09-23-2021, 04:10 PM
Very cool!!!

ClayCromer
09-29-2021, 04:02 PM
Thanks Markus!