PDA

View Full Version : Case hardware sticks

marzzz
08-05-2020, 04:19 PM
As noted elsewhere, I recently bought a NOS 2015 Classic from a guitar store in FLA that had closed. The hardware on the case (clasp and two locks) stick quite a bit, definitely a difference vs my brand-new Cobra case. No visible signs of corrosion or tarnish. Any recommendations for safely oiling/lubing the hardware? WD-40? PTFE? Thanks!

tom
08-05-2020, 07:00 PM
living in florida where it's crazy humid, you may have some corrosion inside the latches. we use this stuff on latches and it's great, Elmers slide all spray. you can get it at walmart, home depot but did not see it on amazon.

marzzz
08-06-2020, 01:19 AM
Thanks Tom! The guitar was in FLA for 5 years, but sold and shipped to me here in lovely AZ (105°, 10% humidity). I'll find the Elmer's Slide All spray and give it a try. In the meantime, I have been keeping the guitars in their cases with 2-3 Boveda packs, according to my cheapo Amazon hygrometers they are staying at 43% humidity.

marzzz
08-08-2020, 03:24 PM
Well Tom, it appears that Elmer's Slide-All has been discontinued. Found something similar (dry, PTFE) and it worked great!