PDA

View Full Version : Back finishes in current spec sheet

dnumde
02-08-2020, 11:08 AM
Hey folks, a few years have passed since my last order of a TA and I'm in need of some information and advice. Thought of asking here before I bug Tom/Roy about it :)

So I'm gonna have an Angel build in Light Tiger Eye Burst, quilted maple top on basswood body. Now the question is about the finish for the back of the body, I see now there are choices for Transparent Cherry, Transparent Light Brown, Transparent Dark Brown. All these while I do remember seeing the cherry and dark brown backs, which are easily found on the internet.
http://www.mattsmusic.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/041919_800x501.jpg

The above is from Matts Music, a basswood body with what I think is a transparent dark brown back.

What I can't seem to find is any image of a Transparent Light Brown back, and I'm wondering if anyone owns a TA with that? I'm also gonna go with a caramel maple neck, so any inputs on the choice of back colour will be much appreciated. Ruling out a matching or black back if I can help it. Cheers!

tom
02-08-2020, 11:28 AM
light brown is about the same color as caramel maple. stay away from the reddish colors with light tiger eye, it will clash.

dnumde
02-08-2020, 01:55 PM
light brown is about the same color as caramel maple. stay away from the reddish colors with light tiger eye, it will clash.

Aye aye sir! As much as I said I wasn't gonna bother you with this question, you still found it. Transparent light brown back it is then!

If i may ask about the Angel since it's rear routed and direct mount pickups. I have spec'ed for the HF series, will the routing accommodate other brands in the future for both uncovered or covered ones?

tom
02-10-2020, 11:55 AM
yes, we do the same rout for Hb's in angels. they should accept and standard size hb cover or not.

dnumde
02-10-2020, 08:59 PM
Thanks again Tom! Good to know and now to send in my spec sheet, can't wait!!!!!!