PDA

View Full Version : TA pickup fitting to other guitars

GDane1
11-08-2018, 08:01 PM
Will the HF series pickups fit into other humbucker guitars?

I want to leave a guitar at my new rehearsal space but won't leave my TA guitar. Would like to have a guitar that sounds similar with my beloved HF1+ and HF3+ pickups that I use in my regular gigging TA.

I'd be willing to modify the body if needed (will probably be an Epiphone LP, Epiphone SG Pro or Epiphone 335 Pro).

Thanks in advance.

tom
11-09-2018, 02:11 PM
they should be fine. you might have to drill out the mounting ring holes just a bit as our height screw is a #4 instead of the #3 that gibson uses.

GDane1
11-10-2018, 07:08 PM
OK thanks.

pipedwho
11-10-2018, 08:06 PM
I've put a HO1+ and HO1- into a double humbucker LP clone, a H3 into a single humbucker 'S' type, and a couple of VA5 single coil pickups into a Schecter Strat copy. They all fit without any modifications at all. But, as Tom mentioned, you might have to ream or drill out the two mounting holes a tiny bit if they aren't big enough - but that is a trivial change. Everything else is basically a drop in replacement for non-covered humbuckers. Covered might be a different story because some guitars are just big enough for an uncovered pickup - but this wasn't the case for any of my guitars, but something to consider for any pickup replacement.

GDane1
11-12-2018, 08:09 PM
OK great thanks. They will be uncovered.