PDA

View Full Version : Database Errors?

1990hollow-t
03-29-2018, 02:39 PM
Hi Guys,

Anyone ever come across a TA that doesn't match the database entry? I was just looking online at what was meant to be a Hollow T Classic from a dealer but when I checked out the specs on the TA database the guitar was a whole lot different from what the dealer states. I have full detailed pics of the guitar and the serial number is perfectly visible.

Here's what the database lists ............................. DEALER SPEC DIFFERENCES:

Guitar Model: T Classic ..........................................Hollow T Classic
Body Wood: Alder
Body Finish: Translucent Butterscotch
Neck Wood: Hard Rock Maple
Neck Finish: Tinted One Piece
Neck Back Shape: .070 inch oversized ..........................60's Vibe
Nut Width: 1 11/16 in
Frets: Heavy
Hardware Color: Chrome
Bridge: Non-Tremolo Fixed Bridge
Pickups: TD0 TD3+ .................................................. TV1 TV3 (clearly visible in pics)
Pickguard: Black
Switching: 5 Way, Vintage Voicing ...............................5 Way with mini switch on control plate for Fishman/Piezo.

The guitar looks spot on and I have had plenty of Andersons to know, but I'm just a little confused. Serial is 06-17-04N

Thanks in advance.

tom
03-29-2018, 03:17 PM
the database reflects how the guitar was originally made. over the years we did not alter the DB when mods were done. so that could explain some things. hardcopy shows the DB being correct, i'm guessing the pickups have been changed, but i don't k now what they'd be doing with the 5 way and those pickups. bridge could also have been added. dealer is just mistaken on the neck shape.

1990hollow-t
03-29-2018, 04:23 PM
Thanks Tom, looks like the dealer is a bit confused then. Maybe it's just a lightweight one and hence they think its a Hollow T. I best check it out first. Thanks again.