PDA

View Full Version : Relic Andersons?? did not see that comeing!!

morty
01-27-2018, 11:38 AM
I have seen som pics of Relic guitars! is it for real or is it just show guitars!! All my life I have tryed to keep my guitars shiny and damagefree.. some of my workhorses have some dings, after being unlucky! As I first saw relic guitars i have just laughed of them.. I realy can make my own wear.. and that wear some of the relic models have can not be made out of playing guitar!! We are all different and one of the reasons i like TA guitars is the fantastic glossy finnish and nice colourcombinations! I dont understand why ist cool to have a guitar who looks like it have been driven over by a car! I will never use money on a relic model! maby I am to conservative and to old....

2. question how does the new 3 saddle work and how does it intonate with BF tuning? I can se the saddles is a step up in design from old Fenders! When i have looked for guitars earlyer i have always skipped guitars with 3 saddles! i only want to buy 6 saddles guitars with independant intonation on each string..

BFC
01-27-2018, 01:54 PM
Just different options for different tastes. It's not like they're only going to offer relic jobs and 3 saddle bridges from now on. I think it's awesome that they're branching out and having a little fun with it.

brokenvail
01-27-2018, 05:02 PM
There is def some intonation that can be done on 3 saddle bridges. That saddle look compensated though. Not your regualr old saddle. The kicker about those 3 saddle bridges is the sound. They sound different than the 3 saddle

lumco
01-29-2018, 11:36 AM
Mine is on order, glad Tom has decided to do it and I am so looking forward to my new Icon T Distressed version..

wolf
01-29-2018, 12:43 PM
I have a Classic Icon on order but have decided not to choose the Relic option but with the new Highwood Saddles.

I'm genuinely surprised by the lack of interest in Anderson by any of the online reports.
Noone has even mentioned Anderson, if it wasn't for the few vids of the guys playing I'd doubt they were there at all.
Very disappointing.

replayboy
01-29-2018, 12:48 PM
Mine is on order, glad Tom has decided to do it and I am so looking forward to my new Icon T Distressed version..

What colour? spec?

brokenvail
01-29-2018, 02:54 PM
I have a Classic Icon on order but have decided not to choose the Relic option but with the new Highwood Saddles.

I'm genuinely surprised by the lack of interest in Anderson by any of the online reports.
Noone has even mentioned Anderson, if it wasn't for the few vids of the guys playing I'd doubt they were there at all.
Very disappointing.

where did he mention using highwood saddles?. I have thought of getting them years ago for my Suhr but that had some internal issues for for years were selling almost no product

wolf
01-29-2018, 03:45 PM
where did he mention using highwood saddles?. I have thought of getting them years ago for my Suhr but that had some internal issues for for years were selling almost no product

The Highwood saddles are on the Icon Classic Relic on display at NAMM.
I introduced the 2 companies and the Icon I have on order is specced to have Highwoods.

wolf
01-29-2018, 03:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/UdeQozT.png

tom
01-29-2018, 06:01 PM
it's been pretty fun. i have to go on record as saying that when fender started doing relics years ago i thought it was the dumbest thing i'd ever seen. could not have been more wrong about that as a business decision for them.

we have gotten bombarded for them for years, and like colored headstocks on maple necks, i finally gave in.

eventually on our spec sheet/order form, you will see an option field that has high gloss, satin, in distress level 1, in distress level 2, and in distress level three. your choice will change the color options available. we won't be doing cajun red quilt top cobras in distress.

the three piece bridge is being offered because someone finally made a saddle with offsets that allow us to intonate correctly, and have the string come off the saddle at a right angle, unlike the angled saddles. i believe the plate has more to do with what they sound like than the saddles being different.

BFC
01-29-2018, 07:25 PM
Alright, I'll go first with the million questions you're going to get. What's the pricing looking like for the different distressed levels?

tom
01-29-2018, 08:04 PM
650 retail all levels. We will not be beating up the back of the neck, these need to play like our guitars play.

BFC
01-29-2018, 10:16 PM
Is the finish different than your normal finish to get it to crack like that? Like a "nitro" finish or some such?

morty
01-30-2018, 04:24 AM
it's been pretty fun. i have to go on record as saying that when fender started doing relics years ago i thought it was the dumbest thing i'd ever seen. could not have been more wrong about that as a business decision for them.

we have gotten bombarded for them for years, and like colored headstocks on maple necks, i finally gave in.

eventually on our spec sheet/order form, you will see an option field that has high gloss, satin, in distress level 1, in distress level 2, and in distress level three. your choice will change the color options available. we won't be doing cajun red quilt top cobras in distress.

the three piece bridge is being offered because someone finally made a saddle with offsets that allow us to intonate correctly, and have the string come off the saddle at a right angle, unlike the angled saddles. i believe the plate has more to do with what they sound like than the saddles being different.

Thanx for a good answer Tom! its realy nice and always fun to see new ways to do things and new models! I personaly like TA guitars because of the engineering and construction! I think quality engineering tonewoods and nice finish is why i play TA. I would love to check out the Raven, but if i order it would not be a relic! And I think the Raven would realy fit in between my DT and HSTC. Thanx Tom Anderson and the great team for making these beutiful guitars!! :-)

tom
01-30-2018, 02:32 PM
the distressed guitars are nitro, they have to be to get them to crack.

lumco
01-30-2018, 03:31 PM
What colour? spec?

Black with RW board.. it is an Esquire Version...Ordered back in Oct and sworn to secrecy by Roy, Tom and Dealer where ordered. I always wanted a Relic version of a TA guitar and super excited to get my hands on it next month.

lumco
01-30-2018, 03:35 PM

I am guilty as charged as someone who always asked for a RELIC version of a T Classic...I am sure now that I will end up with more than one....

BFC
01-30-2018, 07:08 PM
Another question... The Highwood saddles look really nice. Are they going to be an option on regular Classics or just the Icon?

Jefrobie
01-31-2018, 11:15 AM
I have seen som pics of Relic guitars! is it for real or is it just show guitars!! All my life I have tryed to keep my guitars shiny and damagefree.. some of my workhorses have some dings, after being unlucky! As I first saw relic guitars i have just laughed of them.. I realy can make my own wear.. and that wear some of the relic models have can not be made out of playing guitar!! We are all different and one of the reasons i like TA guitars is the fantastic glossy finnish and nice colourcombinations! I dont understand why ist cool to have a guitar who looks like it have been driven over by a car! I will never use money on a relic model! maby I am to conservative and to old....

2. question how does the new 3 saddle work and how does it intonate with BF tuning? I can se the saddles is a step up in design from old Fenders! When i have looked for guitars earlyer i have always skipped guitars with 3 saddles! i only want to buy 6 saddles guitars with independant intonation on each string..

I’ve owned two Danocaster, still have one along with a couple Tom Anderson’s...I like both shiny & relic...really don’t hear a difference sonically....biggest thing I like about a relic is you don’t feel bad about bumping it or loaning it out....”you scratched my relic” is just not an issue!

tom
01-31-2018, 01:23 PM
Another question... The Highwood saddles look really nice. Are they going to be an option on regular Classics or just the Icon?

not sure yet. because the exit point on the saddle in in the center of the saddle, we may have to move the bridge for intonation reasons. not ready to do that yet.

wolf
02-01-2018, 09:31 PM
not sure yet. because the exit point on the saddle in in the center of the saddle, we may have to move the bridge for intonation reasons. not ready to do that yet.

Tom can you please elaborate ?
Are you saying that you need to move the entire bridge back or forward to enable correct intonation ?
I don't have an issue with them on my Drop Top so I'm very curious

Chuckracer
02-02-2018, 11:21 AM
I have a "Relic" Classic. :)

tom
02-02-2018, 04:26 PM
Tom can you please elaborate ?
Are you saying that you need to move the entire bridge back or forward to enable correct intonation ?
I don't have an issue with them on my Drop Top so I'm very curious
because the string leaves the saddle further back from the front edge, the saddle is close to the end of it's travel. if someone used really light strings it may bump into the bridge pivot screw. don't like to have that possibility looming.

wolf
02-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Is that due to the Feiten offsets ?
I haven't noticed the problem with my Drop Top.
I also have Highwoods on my PRS and EB Silhouette Special and its not an issue

BFC
02-02-2018, 07:25 PM
Upon further reflection, I kind of like the idea of keeping those exclusive to the Icon. It separates that model further away from the regular Classic and makes it more... Iconic.

wolf
02-02-2018, 10:51 PM
Upon further reflection, I kind of like the idea of keeping those exclusive to the Icon. It separates that model further away from the regular Classic and makes it more... Iconic.

I agree.
That's the main reason I requested them on the Icon Classic I have on order at the moment.
Traditional style guitar so for me traditional bent saddles are key to achieving tradional tone.

brokenvail
02-02-2018, 11:49 PM
I need to get these for a guitar I have with traditional/ vintage saddles