PDA

View Full Version : Bolo

Briggs
01-14-2018, 12:16 PM
Well, our house was broken into Friday and the scumbags made off with my beloved Crowdster plus, a Westerly-made Guild JF30, and an older Epiphone banjo. If you see either one of the guitars floating around out on the internet, please give me a heads up. The Crowdster Serial number is 12-10-04N and has 'Dave' autographed on the back of the headstock from Crowder himself. The Guild serial number is AJ300926 and is a blonde jumbo with maple back and side. Banjo had no serial number but did have pickup and input jack installed on it.

Crowdster
https://i.imgur.com/NMhASJS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/R2s83Do.jpg

Guild:
https://i.imgur.com/bZkX0X7.jpg

tom
01-15-2018, 11:42 AM
so sorry to hear that. i will mark it stolen in the database. be sure to file a police report, we could not get a stolen guitar returned to us when we found it because we had not filed a police report.

Briggs
01-15-2018, 01:26 PM
Thanks Tom. And yes, I did file a police report with serial numbers and descriptions. It's just infuriating. The one good thing was that none of the pets that were in the house were harmed. Let me know if you need a pic for the database since it was a Crowdster to Plus conversion.

brokenvail
01-16-2018, 11:04 AM
Oh man so sorry to hear!!!!

Pietro
01-17-2018, 09:33 AM
ACK! So sorry that happened. Yes, I'll keep my eyes open on the webz.

Briggs
01-17-2018, 07:39 PM
Due to some awesome work by the local sheriff's department, I got a call that they had a hit on my guitars at a local pawn shop. I met the Sergeant down there, the owner was super cool and I got both of my guitars and banjo back! Apparently the scumbags that broke into my house Friday afternoon pawned them a couple of hours later. Funny thing is, the sheriff told me as he was searching for recently stolen items through the state wide pawn database, he said there were a tons of guitars on the list and would take forever to go through all of them, so he searched for recently pawned banjos and got a hit where a banjo and two guitars had just been pawned a couple of days before. The cheapest of my instruments, with no serial number is the one that helped track them down. Kudos to the Sheriff's office for doing their homework, and kudos the pawn shop for being on the up and up and reporting items as they came in. I'm a happy camper!!:D:p:)

brokenvail
01-17-2018, 11:06 PM
Due to some awesome work by the local sheriff's department, I got a call that they had a hit on my guitars at a local pawn shop. I met the Sergeant down there, the owner was super cool and I got both of my guitars and banjo back! Apparently the scumbags that broke into my house Friday afternoon pawned them a couple of hours later. Funny thing is, the sheriff told me as he was searching for recently stolen items through the state wide pawn database, he said there were a tons of guitars on the list and would take forever to go through all of them, so he searched for recently pawned banjos and got a hit where a banjo and two guitars had just been pawned a couple of days before. The cheapest of my instruments, with no serial number is the one that helped track them down. Kudos to the Sheriff's office for doing their homework, and kudos the pawn shop for being on the up and up and reporting items as they came in. I'm a happy camper!!:D:p:)

So glad to hear!!!!

tom
01-18-2018, 12:16 PM
yay! will remove the stolen notation in the database.

dplight
01-18-2018, 02:20 PM
I just read through the entire thread. So glad it had a happy ending.

kevin h
01-19-2018, 08:23 AM
Congrats on getting your stuff back. Nice work by the deputy working your case.

Briggs
01-21-2018, 06:23 PM
yay! will remove the stolen notation in the database.

Thanks Tom!