PDA

View Full Version : Latest about the Anderson Forum

Jack Gretz
10-11-2017, 05:01 PM
The last 2 to 2 1/2 weeks have been a bit rough for our group of Anderson junkies. Our Forum was infected by Malware which was embedded in a few photos that were posted by Forum members. Like anything in the world of Malware and Virus this infected the forum and caused major set back to the function of our Forum.
I worked with our V Bulletin people and the fine folks out at ICELABS to rid our forum of the malware and get us back up and running correctly. The unfortunate thing is that we had to remove a months worth of forum posts and and discussions.
I am also in the process of moving once again to the latest version of Forum software to insure as much security as possible prevent malware infections. According to our Server folks it looks like the Malware was attached to some pictures and was posted without the USER not even knowing, so we do not believe it was a intentional Malware infection.

We should be back up and running at full speed now.
Please let me know if you are having any issues

Jack

BFC
10-11-2017, 05:38 PM
Have the users been contacted so they can sort their devices out? If I'm understanding the situation correctly.

brokenvail
10-12-2017, 08:19 AM
wow thanks for the update Jack. We appreciate you

dplight
10-13-2017, 05:03 PM
It's good to see the forum back!

Jack Gretz
10-13-2017, 05:20 PM
Have the users been contacted so they can sort their devices out? If I'm understanding the situation correctly.

Brian we cannot determine exactly what user(s) was the person(s) with the malware. I was strongly urging the Support people to give me some sort of assistance with that but it fell on deaf ears. They told me with the new update and the cleansing of the server that we should be good to go.

A similar act happened about 6-7 years ago and we were able to keep everything under control after some security updates were installed. I am hoping that it will stay that way for many years to come.

BFC
10-13-2017, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the efforts Jack! We appreciate it.

tom
10-16-2017, 11:16 AM
thanks jack, so sorry you had to go through this.

gibson5413
10-25-2017, 10:37 AM
Thanks for working through it. I love this forum and glad it's back up.

pipedwho
10-26-2017, 03:20 AM
Thanks Jack for keeping it all going!

malt
10-26-2017, 06:20 AM
Thank you Jack and kudos to you for keeping the forum running. I don't post regularly but visit the forum daily for updates.

Is there any way we can help offset the cost of running the forum? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has benefited from the forum :)