PDA

View Full Version : programming the st200/300

tom
03-16-2017, 04:11 PM
ok, so i just got another st300 mini, and had to program it. it can be fussy, so i wrote down what i did and here it is. those of you who have done it can proof me on this.

to program the new st-300:

enter right mode button till you have cust 1 lit.
while holding down the right button, hold the left button as well. then release both. you should have a small o on the screen. led over cust1 will flash.

use the left mode button the scroll through the string numbers.
starting with the high E, #1, use the right scroll button to get to the next parameter. the left button is used to change the parameter.
so, high E looks like this:

1, rt button,=,rt button,E, rt button,4,rt button,+(doesn't matter on this note),rt button,0,rt button,0,rt button,.,rt button,0,rt button,blank. you're done with high E.

left button gets you back to string numbers. we'll do one more to get the hang of the offsets.
so, after left button from the blank screen, we have 2.
rt button,=,rt button,B,rt button,3(3rd octave),rt button,+,rt button,0,rt button,1,rt button,.,rt button,0,blank, left button on to the next string.
it's very repetative, and if you ever goof, you can always exit edit mode by hitting the pedal on off button, then go back to the beginning, but you don't have to reenter what you have already done. you can page through the strings till you get to the one you goofed on. i goofed a lot, so i got lots of practice getting into edit mode.

i use the 7th string for an open dropped D so you'll have to change the sting name to D. if in the first 6 strings the string name is not correct, just use the left button to change the string name or any other parameter.

1=4 octave E 0 offset(open E).
2=3 octave B +1. offset(open B).
3=3 octave G -2. offset(open G).
4=3 octave D -2. offset(open D).
5=2 octave A -2. offset(open A).
6=2 octave E -2. offset(open E).
7=1 octave D -4. Offset(Drop D).
For 12th fret intonation, program cust2
1=5 octave E 0 offset
2=4 octave B 0 offset
3=4 octave G +1 cent offset
4=4 octave D +1 cent offset
5= 3 octave A 0 offset
6=3 octave E 0 offset

When you tune, tune to the attack, not where the note settles. Notes settle flat. You can re strike the note every second as this tuner is fast enough to track it.

Chuckracer
03-16-2017, 09:33 PM
Sticky!! Can we get a moderator? :D

Thank You, Tom. That helped 100%! :D

pipedwho
03-17-2017, 05:31 AM
Sticky!! Can we get a moderator? :D

Thank You, Tom. That helped 100%! :D
So I gather your ST-300 isn't for sale anymore. :)

tom
03-17-2017, 01:40 PM
a slightly updated, cleaner version. trying to make it easy.

Programming the ST-200 and 300

Enter right mode button till you have cust 1 lit.
while holding down the right button, hold the left button as well. Then release both. You should have a small “o” on the screen. LED over cust1 will flash.

Use the left mode button to scroll through the string numbers.
Starting with the high E, #1, use the right scroll button to get to the next parameter. The left button is used to change the parameter.
So, high E looks like this:

1, rt button,=,rt button,E, rt button,4,rt button,+(doesn't matter on this note),rt button,0,rt button,0,rt button,.,rt button,0,rt button,blank. you're done with high E.

Left button gets you back to string numbers. We'll do one more to get the hang of the offsets.
So, after left button from the blank screen, we have 2.
rt button,=,rt button,B,rt button,3(3rd octave),rt button,+,rt button,0,rt button,1,rt button,.,rt button,0,blank, left button on to the next string.
It's very repetitive, and if you ever goof, you can always exit edit mode by hitting the pedal on off button, then go back to the beginning, but you don't have to reenter what you have already done. you can page through the strings till you get to the one you goofed on. I goofed a lot, so I got lots of practice getting into edit mode.

I use the 7th string for an open dropped D so you'll have to change the sting name to D. if in the first 6 strings the string name is not correct, just use the left button to change the string name or any other parameter.

For open position tuning in cust1
1=E 4 octave 0 offset(open E).
2=B 3 octave +1. Cent offset(open B).
3=G 3 octave -2. Cents offset(open G).
4=D 3 octave -2. Cents offset(open D).
5=A 2 octave -2. Cents offset(open A).
6=E 2 octave -2. Cents offset(open E).
7=D 1 octave -4. Cents Offset(Drop D).

For 12th fret intonation, program cust2
1=E 5 octave 0 offset
2=B 4 octave 0 offset
3=G 4 octave +1 cent offset
4=D 4 octave +1 cent offset
5=A 3 octave 0 offset
6=E 3 octave 0 offset
When you tune, tune to the attack, not where the note settles. Notes settle flat. You can re strike the note every second as this tuner is fast enough to track it.

wolf
03-18-2017, 09:49 AM
Very clear and easy to follow.
Thank you Tom.

wolf
03-29-2017, 01:53 PM
Do you guys know that there's an editor you can download for the ST-300 that works on both sizes, with it programming the offsets takes 10 secs.
I just did both my tuners and it couldn't be easier.