PDA

View Full Version : Elixer Optiweb anyone?

dplight
03-11-2017, 07:05 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone has tried the Elixer Optiweb strings? Next time I order (which should be soon) I plan to try a set.

pipedwho
03-11-2017, 11:48 PM
Oooh! Interesting. I'll be adding a set of those to my order the next time I'm ordering strings.

kevin h
03-12-2017, 05:38 PM
if i understand correctly, they're suppose to feel more like a non-coated string. i've gotten so use to the feel of the coating on the nano webs, that i'm not sure i'd like them. might have to try a set to see.

Pietro
03-13-2017, 07:41 AM
I scored a couple of free sets (one in each of the gauges I use on my Atom and T) and will probably be evaluating them late this week. I will try and remember to report on here. As I've gotten older and my hands seem less acidic, I actually have drifted away from Elixirs on electric guitar, since I don't seem to corrode them so much. I still will use ONLY Elixirs on Acoustic, though.

So it will be interesting to see how these last. Of course, it will be several weeks before I can really be sure of their longevity compared to what I normally use. But they look promising!

Salmon
03-16-2017, 02:01 AM
been eyeing the optiweb as well, haven't started selling them where I am. would love to know what you guys think after getting your hands on em.