PDA

View Full Version : My Hollow Atom CT Can Make ALL THE SOUNDS!

Pietro
01-15-2017, 07:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOk7WBvjt3s

pipedwho
01-16-2017, 02:42 AM
Those are some of your best multi-voice tones yet! Very nice. Gotta love the versatility of your Atom. :)

Pietro
01-16-2017, 08:18 AM
Thanks. Really, between this and my Crowdster I'm all set. But having a tele around doesn't suck...

Salmon
01-16-2017, 09:46 PM
Those are really ethereal sounds Pietro, wow.:D

pipedwho
01-17-2017, 04:58 AM
The Crowdster has a better pure acoustic tone. But, compared to this Atom video, the acoustic tone of your previous Crowdster demo doesn't sit nearly as well against the electric tone and ambient wash. But, maybe that's just because it's been a while since you've done a similar demo with the Crowdster +2, and this video is just an example of how far you've come along with the Helix and IRs.

The blend of all the tones from the Atom work extremely well together. Nothing sounds out of place. The 'acoustic' tone from the piezos in the Atom still sounds like an electric, but with a really nice 'acoustic' flavour that mixes perfectly with the magnetics and the effects.

I think we need an updated 3 sounds at once Crowdster demo! :)

Pietro
01-17-2017, 09:22 AM
The Crowdster has a better pure acoustic tone. But, compared to this Atom video, the acoustic tone of your previous Crowdster demo doesn't sit nearly as well against the electric tone and ambient wash. But, maybe that's just because it's been a while since you've done a similar demo with the Crowdster +2, and this video is just an example of how far you've come along with the Helix and IRs.

The blend of all the tones from the Atom work extremely well together. Nothing sounds out of place. The 'acoustic' tone from the piezos in the Atom still sounds like an electric, but with a really nice 'acoustic' flavour that mixes perfectly with the magnetics and the effects.

I think we need an updated 3 sounds at once Crowdster demo! :)

I'm glad you noticed. A couple things, first off, I never have used that tone except through headphones at this point. AND... I was very much striving to get that balance.

With Crowdster patches, I'm normally favoring the acoustic tone and the others are mere support.

But yeah, I didn't take a lot of time with this patch and ended up delighted with it.

I think some of what you're hearing is also the amazing tone of Helix's Archon amp model.

Yeah, I come up with new ways to make patches with Helix every time they come up with a new firmware since I'm a beta tester and am supposed to find those bugs and that's the best way. So I think maybe today I'll be doing a new Crowdster Example.

pipedwho
01-17-2017, 01:35 PM
I have to pay more attention to the Archon clean. It really does bring the right tone for the Atom and your composition.

And, yes, I'm in full support of a C+2 demo!

For live use, I've been favouring the acoustic tone of late and been running my C+2 in mono just because it's easier to go wireless to my AER with one wireless pack. The 3Sigma acoustic IRs have helped greatly with the Helix and blending acoustic with the ambient background washes. The 3Sigma IR sounds better at 8192 samples in Logic, but they get by at 2048 in Helix.

I can't wait to hear your latest take with the Crowdster.

gibson5413
01-18-2017, 02:08 PM
Wow, this is awesome Peter! I love the tones you've got going here. I need to grab a Crowdster like soon. I have a Kemper but would love to put some worship profiles together. Your Helix tones are very inspiring!

dannopelli
01-18-2017, 10:10 PM
Nicely done Pete. Great demo! And great playing!