PDA

View Full Version : Got to demo a cool pedal this weekend

joe1962
08-15-2004, 08:53 AM
I got a chance to demo a new pedal this weekend made by Alf Hermida (of Hermida audio). He sent me a prototype of his new Zendrive pedal, designed to be a lower gain or blues type overdrive. I was really impressed with it and will have to have one once Alf starts selling them. The pedal is very dynamic and blends well with the guitar and amp it's used with. I made a clip of the pedal with my Classic T and Dr Z Maz amp that is posted here:

http://www.hermidaaudio.com/zendrive2.mp3

By the way, I don't have any connection with Hermida audio other than Alf asking me test the prototype of the pedal, and I'm not getting anything out of this. I just thought it was one of the best low gain pedals I've ever heard and wanted to share the info.

PaulS
08-15-2004, 09:42 AM
Wonderful demo, sound and playing ability...certainly brought a smile to my face this morning:-)

Paul

Scott Peterson
08-15-2004, 10:09 AM
I am on the waiting list for that pedal; then your demo comes out and man do I have to tell you that is one of the finest demos of most any product I have ever heard.

If I didn't want one before, I'd be going nuts to get one now because of you!

Incredible playing and tone. Seriously.

You have any CD's out?

joe1962
08-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the kind words! I really fell in love with the pedal and how it seems to blend right in with the guitar/amp combo you use it with without sounding like an effect.

And no, unfortunately no CD yet. I'd love to get a good CD of some of my songs out at some point but between a day gig, wife and kids, and trying to play out and record in my spare time, the CD project just keeps getting put on the back burner :( Maybe some day!

BoraBora
08-15-2004, 04:58 PM
Great playing. To me what seperates an o.k. player with a fantastic player is their touch. You've got great touch on the guitar. :)

mwoeppel
08-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Joe, I agree with these other guys. Tasty indeed!

Thanks for the heads up on the pedal. Sounds very cool.

Mark

Paychek
08-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Joe
Thanx for the demo, that was awesome! I have a dr z maz 18nr 1X12 and just love it. What settings did you use on your maz? Just curious.
Mikey

andersonguy
08-16-2004, 08:48 AM
Joe! Your playing is awesome! Not to mention that pedal sounds great with your T. Great demo. I wonder how much its going to run.

AG

ahermida
10-21-2004, 08:27 PM
Hello:

This is my 1st post here. If you have any questions, I'm here....also Joe is getting his Zendrive soon so hopefully he can post more clips ;-)

Alf
www.hermidaaudio.com

Suriel Zayas
10-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Alf.... Welcome aboard. It was a great pleasure speaking to you today! Some really good people around here, hope you feel at home. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bienvenido

Suriel

ahermida
10-21-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Suriel Zayas
Alf.... Welcome aboard. It was a great pleasure speaking to you today! Some really good people around here, hope you feel at home. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bienvenido

Suriel

thanks! I saw your list of TA guitars...hopefully when I grow up I too will have one :D

Alf
www.hermidaaudio.com

michaelomiya
10-21-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by ahermida
Hello:

This is my 1st post here. If you have any questions, I'm here....also Joe is getting his Zendrive soon so hopefully he can post more clips ;-)

Alf
www.hermidaaudio.com

Alfonso! Howdy! welcome aboard. Sorry about that Grinder pedal!:(

tom
10-22-2004, 10:08 AM
alf, welcome. i know someone at anderson so i'm sure i could hook you up when you are ready. i'd love to try the zendrive if you ever have one laying around.

joe1962
10-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by ahermida
Hello:

Alf
www.hermidaaudio.com

There will definitely be more clips once the Zendrive arrives. I can't wait to hear it with my new Hollow Drop Top Classic!