PDA

View Full Version : Sonicc Research ST-300

Manning
11-12-2016, 03:16 PM
I sold my Peterson Stroborack - me and its display were not getting along. I hear good things about the ST-300 and that it can be set up for tuning Buzz Feiten equipped guitars.

pipedwho
11-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Yes it easy to set it up with the BFTS offsets.

I love my Turbotuners. I've had every version since they first came out.

wolf
11-12-2016, 04:41 PM
I use a Strobo Flip for setups.
Live I use the mini and regular versions of the ST300. Brilliant.
I don't worry about Feiten tuning on stage.

brokenvail
11-12-2016, 09:34 PM
I use a Strobo Flip for setups.
Live I use the mini and regular versions of the ST300. Brilliant.
I don't worry about Feiten tuning on stage.

Do you set the guitar up for BF then tune regular or have you abandoned BF all together and set up the guitar with traditional intonation?

wolf
11-13-2016, 07:08 AM
The intonation on my Anderson gets checked about once a year and never needs adjusting but its setup for Feiten.
I think its so subtle that noone can tell if I just open tune normally with a tuner, it still sounds ''in tune''.
The audience can't tell and in a live situation, I'd suggest most players can't either.

Manning
11-13-2016, 07:22 AM
Yes it easy to set it up with the BFTS offsets.

I love my Turbotuners. I've had every version since they first came out.

I bought one - hopefully it is as easy to set up as you say. ��

Edit; can I pester you for help if I need to?

wolf
11-13-2016, 08:54 AM
I bought one - hopefully it is as easy to set up as you say. ��

Edit; can I pester you for help if I need to?

I'd like to know this too please.
Can't hurt to add the option to my tuners.

Pietro
11-13-2016, 04:07 PM
The intonation on my Anderson gets checked about once a year and never needs adjusting but its setup for Feiten.
I think its so subtle that noone can tell if I just open tune normally with a tuner, it still sounds ''in tune''.
The audience can't tell and in a live situation, I'd suggest most players can't either.

This is EXACTLY my experience.

brokenvail
11-13-2016, 06:06 PM

Interesting. I def would not think other players would notice. I noticed a difference when I started playing tags with BFTS but it was only for stuff higher up on the neck. Thx

Pietro
11-13-2016, 06:30 PM
Interesting. I def would not think other players would notice. I noticed a difference when I started playing tags with BFTS but it was only for stuff higher up on the neck. Thx

If it's higher up on the neck where you're hearing the difference, that's probably not the BFTS difference, which makes the most difference way down at the first few frets.

brokenvail
11-13-2016, 06:44 PM
If it's higher up on the neck where you're hearing the difference, that's probably not the BFTS difference, which makes the most difference way down at the first few frets.

Is intonation not the guitars ability to play in tune up the fret board?

Pietro
11-13-2016, 07:29 PM
Is intonation not the guitars ability to play in tune up the fret board?

Yes, but any well-intonated guitar will work well up there. From what I've been told, the BFTS offsets and nut affect the frets below fret 5 the most, and that's where you hear the difference the most.

Playing an F chord on my ANDERSON while another guy did on their non-BFTS guitar years ago and comparing REALLY showed that.

Higher up, I've been told, it matters way less.

Chuckracer
11-13-2016, 08:50 PM
Right, closer to the nut is where the intonation on a "normal" guitar is worse.

I'd love to properly set the intonation on my TAG with one of these tuners, because somebody jacked up the set-up before I got it and i don't know if they messed with the intonation or not but it does seem like it would be a one time thing...and that's that.

brokenvail
11-14-2016, 10:11 AM
Right, closer to the nut is where the intonation on a "normal" guitar is worse.

I'd love to properly set the intonation on my TAG with one of these tuners, because somebody jacked up the set-up before I got it and i don't know if they messed with the intonation or not but it does seem like it would be a one time thing...and that's that.

Send me the guitar. I will make surer it is intonated good and some day in the distant future I will get it back to you.

Chuckracer
11-14-2016, 12:56 PM
Thank you. :cool: