PDA

View Full Version : Super Deluxe Hard Gig Bag?

Chuckracer
11-09-2016, 01:17 PM
Does anybody have any pics of this? Anybody have one and want to trade for a close to perfect late model (2015) hard case?
Also any other recommendations for a top quality bag much appreciated. :)

brokenvail
11-09-2016, 01:49 PM
Does anybody have any pics of this? Anybody have one and want to trade for a close to perfect late model (2015) hard case?
The bag Tom offers is awesome. The back back straps are a bit short for me (I am a big dude). I pretty much exclusively use Mono bags. I have all their electric bags. I highly recommend Mono and the bag Tom uses. Honerable mention goes to reunion blues. Their bags are heavier/bulkier though

Chuckracer
11-09-2016, 03:20 PM
Thanks! I've been looking at the Mono but a bit taken aback by the prices. You get what you pay for though.
I'm tired of lugging around hard cases. My guitars don't go in a trunk or an equipment truck. :)

wolf
11-09-2016, 04:02 PM

I've ordered the gig bag option with my Classic.
I've never used the hard case that came with my Drop Top.
Reunion Blues are the ultimate, I have 2 leather ones.
I currently gig the new Reunion Blues RBX dual gig bag, which is ok but a big step down from the leather bags.
I've also got a Mono Vertigo which I only use if I have to carry a guitar in the rain.
Its ok but the stitching on the 'Boot' started failing quite quickly.

brokenvail
11-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Thanks! I've been looking at the Mono but a bit taken aback by the prices. You get what you pay for though.
I'm tired of lugging around hard cases. My guitars don't go in a trunk or an equipment truck. :)
Yup they are not cheap though I always pay less than what you see online. The last one I bought was in June and the first one I bought was like 3 years ago. I love Mono. I have 5 Betty Straps (need a 6th) a dual m80, single m80, a sleeve and a vertigo. At one point I had one of their pedal board bags and a bass bag too.

The bags Tom sses cost a hair less than the Mono stuff but it is pricy too. I was always a hard shell guy. I have a number of friends that are pros, like the kind the actually make their living playing music, many of which regularly gig around the world. A few of them in a short time period all started asking me why I was still using hard shell cases. They all uses these super well built gig bags and they all play high end guitars and basses. Two of these guys have basses that cost 8k and they carry them around in these gig bags. I did some research and settled on Mono, loved it and never looked back.

strat56
11-10-2016, 07:44 AM
I've been using hard bags for a long time, can't remember the last time I took a hard case out of my case storage closet. I have several bags by Access and really like them. I have OM/classical sized and dreadnaught sized acoustic bags and for electric I have a bass bag, a single electric and a double electric bag. NO problems with them and they protect well.

wolf
11-10-2016, 10:23 AM
I've been using hard bags for a long time, can't remember the last time I took a hard case out of my case storage closet. I have several bags by Access and really like them. I have OM/classical sized and dreadnaught sized acoustic bags and for electric I have a bass bag, a single electric and a double electric bag. NO problems with them and they protect well.

Access are not available in the UK. Shame.

brokenvail
11-10-2016, 11:13 AM
Chuckracer just so you know Access makes the bag Tom uses though the bag he offers is not sold commercially. It is kind of a cross between the stage 3 and stage 5. I have seen many stores advertise the stage 3 but the pics don't match what on on the access sight. Tom may even be able to sell you a bag? (If you wanted one of those

brokenvail
11-10-2016, 11:16 AM
there are some pics in this thread

http://www.andersonforum.com/board/showthread.php?9156-Anderson-gig-bag-review&highlight=access

Salmon
11-10-2016, 12:39 PM

I've used the Mono sleeve and m80. The Mono bags are great, but I ran into minor problems with the stitching just like wolf here. I'd still recommend them if just for the level of protection...Wonder if the other top notch gigbags also have this problem?

brokenvail
11-10-2016, 12:52 PM
I've used the Mono sleeve and m80. The Mono bags are great, but I ran into minor problems with the stitching just like wolf here. I'd still recommend them if just for the level of protection...Wonder if the other top notch gigbags also have this problem?

My vertigo is my newest mono bag (since june) It doesn't get heavy use so time will tell. My m80 and dual m80 get tons of use and they are holding up strong. Thought external stitching was covered under warrenty

Sean Ashe
11-11-2016, 02:14 PM
In terms of Monos pricing..if you can hold off im sure there will be good deals for cyber monday and around the holidays. several years ago I bought a mono direct from their website with a half off coupon for their holiday sale, and it is still serving me well! :)

Pietro
11-11-2016, 03:35 PM
My guitars don't go in a trunk or an equipment truck. :)

All you need is the guitar sleeve then. It's more than enough for you I'll bet. And not nearly as pricy as the ones designed to fly with.

I have my T Classic in a sleeve, and my Crowdster in the old M80.

Chuckracer
11-11-2016, 06:29 PM
Excellent advice, everybody...Thanks! :)

Salmon
11-12-2016, 03:41 AM
In terms of Monos pricing..if you can hold off im sure there will be good deals for cyber monday and around the holidays. several years ago I bought a mono direct from their website with a half off coupon for their holiday sale, and it is still serving me well! :)

Great tip! Just joined their mailing list to be reminded of discounts.

Chuckracer
03-02-2017, 09:42 AM
I finally bought a Mono Sleeve...very nice!

BFC
03-02-2017, 10:41 AM
I have a couple of the Access bags I got with a couple guitars. Can I buy the regular custom fit hard cases for those thru my dealer?

tom
03-02-2017, 11:30 AM
yes or us. shipping's a killer since it ships as 41 lbs because of size.

pipedwho
03-02-2017, 03:38 PM
There you go, an excuse to go visit TAG and go on a factory tour when you pick up the cases! :)