PDA

View Full Version : Anderson mini-hums available?

tommc
08-13-2004, 07:47 PM
Over on the Gear Page I saw a PRS Cu22 for sale with 3 Anderson mini-hums installed; indendified as M1/M2. Does anyone know if these are still available from Anderson? I don't see them listed on the Anderson site. I'm looking for something different to try in my '76 Les Paul. Can anyone compare the sound of the Andersons with Gibson minis?
Thanks.

pluto
08-13-2004, 08:31 PM
Not sure of the latter question, but the M series pickups are available. The Anderson website needs to be updated.

westex
08-14-2004, 08:20 AM
guitrar heaven stocks them:

http://www.gtrheaven.com/pickups/pickups.asp?ven=27&ar=0&t=Tom+Anderson+Pickups

Wes

tommc
08-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Thanks Wes.
Now, can anyone describe the M1, M2, M3? Are they a drop-in replacement for a Les Paul mini?

killerburst
08-14-2004, 12:11 PM
I haven't tried them, but I have read many threads in this forum about the M-series pickups. Check out the search feature if you need quick answers. I'm sure someone will respond in time, but you'll find lots of comments on their sound quality in past threads while you wait.

sylvanshine
08-14-2004, 12:45 PM
I don't know if they are drop in replacements for the Gibson mini-hums, but the route in my Cobra with M's is 1-1/8" wide by 3-1/8" long by an estimated 1/2" deep. The M is pretty tall sitting approximately 1/3" over the surface of the guitar.

Hope that helps.

tom
08-14-2004, 02:19 PM
they were not intendied as replacements, but they could be made to fit. the mini's that are in les pauls are in p90 size hole, so our ring for the mini would should fit. the mounting holes would be different, but they are inside the cavity. sound wise it has been a long time since i heard the gibson's, and only heard them in a les paul which is quite different than our guitars, so i'm probably not the person to compare the two.

PaulS
08-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Hey Tom, while you're here on this thread I though I'd ask you a question in regards to your P90's and Mini-hums.

By ther way, I've been absolutely loving the DT I got a month ago....so much in fact I'm look at getting another TA but this time in the Cobra. There is a gold top cobra with 3 P90's in your gallery which is very close to the one I want:-) I guess the question would be is how similar are the mini-hums to the P90's? Have they pretty much taken over for the 90s or are there distinct differences. I'm sure it's been requested before but sure would be great to have some sound-bites of your pickups in different versions of your guitars.

Thanks,

Paul