PDA

View Full Version : Custom order finally placed.

wolf
08-19-2016, 04:48 PM
Just had to share the good news, after 4 yrs planning I was finally able to place my order for another Anderson.
I've ordered a Starry Night Black Classic with Chocolate/Rosewood neck, black hardware and HF3, SF1, HF1 pickups.

I originally planned on a neck SF1 but was able to try a few Andersons at the dealer today and the HF1 really impressed me.
I don't own a guitar with a neck humbucker so this will be a nice alternative.
Besides if I don't get on with it, as the guitar has a pickguard, there's always the option to change.

I contacted Tom about a custom serial number and to my amazement he said I could have it.
I'm absolutely delighted with my decision and can't wait to see the final guitar.

Chuckracer
08-19-2016, 07:33 PM
Wow! I'm so jelly!! :D

Good on ya, mate!

wolf
08-19-2016, 07:40 PM
Wow! I'm so jelly!! :D

Good on ya, mate!

Jealous ? Your Classic is basically the same thing.
What pickups did you choose ? Do you like them ?

I couldn't get over how great the chocolate maple felt.
They had a stunning Drop Top with the specs I wanted but it was out of my price range, which in hindsight proved to be a good thing, and they had to prise it out of my hands. It was that good.
The thought of that guitar just adds to my excitement ☺☺☺

brokenvail
08-19-2016, 11:41 PM
Jealous ? Your Classic is basically the same thing.
What pickups did you choose ? Do you like them ?

I couldn't get over how great the chocolate maple felt.
They had a stunning Drop Top with the specs I wanted but it was out of my price range, which in hindsight proved to be a good thing, and they had to prise it out of my hands. It was that good.
The thought of that guitar just adds to my excitement ☺☺☺

Neck profile?

He is just Jealous because you get to custom order yours lol

wolf
08-20-2016, 04:26 AM
Even Taper.
I was able to try a few other shapes but Even Taper is perfect for me.

brokenvail
08-20-2016, 10:38 AM
Even Taper.
I was able to try a few other shapes but Even Taper is perfect for me.

In that case I def likes chuckracers better lol

Chuckracer
08-20-2016, 09:08 PM
I'm really liking the HF's, and they are well on their way to surpassing my previous favorite humbuckers, the PRS DGT bridge and 59/09 neck.

I was thinking I wanted something hotter for the neck but the more I play the guitar, and the more I keep rolling back the gain (an old bad habit of mine - too much gain), the more I like them.

I didn't order this one, but got lucky with the specs...and the "born on" date is my GF's birthday! So as you may imagine, that's a win! :D

wolf
08-22-2016, 12:47 AM
I'm really liking the HF's, and they are well on their way to surpassing my previous favorite humbuckers, the PRS DGT bridge and 59/09 neck.

I was thinking I wanted something hotter for the neck but the more I play the guitar, and the more I keep rolling back the gain (an old bad habit of mine - too much gain), the more I like them.

I didn't order this one, but got lucky with the specs...and the "born on" date is my GF's birthday! So as you may imagine, that's a win! :D

Any pics of your classic ?

brokenvail
08-22-2016, 07:46 AM
Any pics of your classic ?

http://www.andersonforum.com/board/showthread.php?10590-NGD-Red-Andy-Classic!

wolf
08-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Stunning.
That chocolate maple is beautiful to play.

brokenvail
08-22-2016, 02:20 PM
Stunning.
That chocolate maple is beautiful to play.
I think it is horrible and that neck is to big

Chuckracer
08-22-2016, 04:31 PM
Hehe... good to know. ;)

brokenvail
08-22-2016, 05:25 PM
Hehe... good to know. ;)

Hehehe ;-)