PDA

View Full Version : Capo question..

andersonguy
08-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Hi guys, I only on rare occasion have used a capo on my andy, but a situation has come up. Can anyone recommend the best placement and tension to use on one? It is difficult to keep my guitar in tune with it on, especially if I do a little bending. I dont know if its on too tight, too close to one fret or another....

AG

tom
08-12-2004, 08:28 PM
the adjustable shub works the best for me. you can set the pressure super light. i put it right next to the fret. i don't do it very often as it's a hassle.

tmihm
08-13-2004, 12:51 PM
I use a Kyser...but you can't adjust it and it does throw the guitar out of whack. I think like Tom said..the Chubb is probably the smoothest.

I hate using capos, but my music minister changes stuff on the fly (like when I work out this really cool open string thing and he says "this song's a little high for this early in the morning...let's drop it down to to Gb...) ':confused: :eek:

tom
08-13-2004, 04:18 PM
don't you hate it when that happens? the E to Eb change is the one that kills me.

tmihm
08-13-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by tom
don't you hate it when that happens? the E to Eb change is the one that kills me.
On man, yeah - that one's horrible!!!...and A to Ab...yikes.

When I get some $$$ together, I'm gonna look into the new Variax 700 acoustic model.

Virtual capo. Man.:cool:

Tom...maybe a 700 system in a Crowdster? Or is that beggin' for a lawsuit?:eek:

tunacaster
08-16-2004, 05:44 AM
I use the Shubb on my Hollow Classic, anything else sounds out of tune