PDA

View Full Version : Pigtail Bridge Advice. I think it is broken

WilliamG
05-22-2016, 03:41 PM
I do not know that much about the Pigtail wraparound. I purchased my Atom used in February and have been playing blissfully until I began to pay more attention to some rattling I heard when the guitar was not plugged in. I had not yet changed the strings (they put new ones on at point of purchase). As I investigated the rattling I zeroed in on the low E at the pigtail and thought maybe the screw was rattling. Anyway, fast forward, I removed strings and have this issue:
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii578/abgillon/Guitars/Tom%20Anderson/pigtailAtom.jpg (http://s1260.photobucket.com/user/abgillon/media/Guitars/Tom%20Anderson/pigtailAtom.jpg.html)
Again, not knowing how these bridges are made, it would appear the base of the intonation screw broke off from what I assume is some sort of swivel mechanism inside?
I would appreciate advice. Is this fixable, or does it call for a new bridge?

If it is, indeed, a new bridge, are there opinions whether I stay with the pigtail or is there another that might be worth a try?

Thanks very much,
Bill

tom
05-22-2016, 05:52 PM
it's not broken. you are missing the C clip that holds the screw in place. it's very small, but should be available. I have not had parts for years but I hear the bridges and parts are still available. I'm sure if you Google it you'll get what you need.

WilliamG
05-22-2016, 08:19 PM
it's not broken. you are missing the C clip that holds the screw in place. it's very small, but should be available. I have not had parts for years but I hear the bridges and parts are still available. I'm sure if you Google it you'll get what you need.

Thanks very much.

WilliamG
05-23-2016, 04:06 PM

I sent an email to Pigtail and they promptly responded they have the clip and will send it to me. Now I just have to see well enough to install it! Thanks again.

WilliamG
05-26-2016, 12:02 AM
Short update -- Pigtail sent me three clips - mailed them on Monday and they got here on Wednesday. I managed to install the clip and everything seems in order. Great service.

tom
05-26-2016, 10:32 AM
they are good people. her late husband worked hard to get the bridge just the way we wanted it. they are a very small operation that really does a great job.

congrats on the install of the clip. as small as they are i've had more than one go flying across the room while trying to get it in place.