PDA

View Full Version : any mobile viewing problems on our new site?

tom
05-17-2016, 10:29 AM
heard from wolf in the UK that he was having mobile issues on our new site. this is the first we have heard, if you too have any issues please let us know. we are doing it all in house now so we need to learn about problems and fixes.

many thanks.

Briggs
05-17-2016, 11:57 AM
Works and looks great on iphone using Safari running on T-mobile!

pipedwho
05-17-2016, 04:11 PM
Seems to mostly work well on Safari with Mac and iPad/iPhone.

With the mobile view on the iPhone there was a short delay before the menu drop down worked after first loading the site. So it seemed that there were no menus. But, when a tried again a few seconds later everything was there. This might be why someone would have thought the site wasn't working. They just needed to wait a bit longer. However, a lot of people will just click around the page a few times and if nothing brings up a menu, they'll just assume the site is broken and hopefully try again on a desktop. The fix for this is to make sure the menu elements are fully loaded before displaying the page on mobile devices.

The other thing that is suspect is the pickups page. On Mac Safari (with a few extensions including adblock) it brings up an empty grey box instead of the scrollable PDF. On the iPad/iPhone it brings up the first page of the PDF, but there's no way to scroll down. It works fine with Firefox on the Mac. The ultimate fix is to get rid of the PDF and generate a proper HTML page from the various elements in the original document. But, as a quick fix it's probably worthwhile putting a link to the PDF above the embedded viewer to allow people the option to download it.

tom
05-17-2016, 04:57 PM
danny is working to get rid of the pu pdf. that is left over from the old site.

Pietro
05-20-2016, 08:33 AM
It worked fine for me on my iPhone 5s running iOS 9.3.2 (or whatever the latest is called).

wolf
05-25-2016, 03:26 PM
After a couple of problem free weeks, the gremlins are at it again.
I have to log in every time I view the forum.
Very frustrating.

tom
05-25-2016, 08:25 PM
this thread is for anderson website issues. if it is a forum issue, please contact jack who runs this forum.

strat56
06-03-2016, 08:34 PM
After a couple of problem free weeks, the gremlins are at it again.
I have to log in every time I view the forum.
Very frustrating.

Mine says I need to log in too but if I click on new posts, magically I'm still logged in.

BrownDog
06-03-2016, 09:11 PM
All's good on my iPhone from Cleveland, OH.

With tone and oneness, Mike

pneil
06-13-2016, 12:22 PM
heard from wolf in the UK that he was having mobile issues on our new site. this is the first we have heard, if you too have any issues please let us know. we are doing it all in house now so we need to learn about problems and fixes.

many thanks.

I have seen one issue lately. Not specifically mobile, but a website issue nonetheless. The site doesn't appear to take my login and will repeatedly point me at the login screen, unless I select "remember me" and then it will log me in correctly. I'm using windows explorer (yeah, I know...).

tom
06-13-2016, 01:32 PM
this sounds like the forum, not our website?

pneil
06-14-2016, 01:52 PM
this sounds like the forum, not our website?

Doh! You are correct sir. My mistake.