PDA

View Full Version : auction for a good friend coming monday the 15th

tom
02-12-2016, 11:47 AM
a good friend and old bandmate has learned that he has advanced cancer and being a musician with no medical insurance, some friends have gotten together and are doing a concert and auction for him.

there will be a couple guitars in the auction and i will point you to it when i get a link.

one is a 2008 honeyburst atom ct proto. it has hm neck, 2 hc's, and has the toggle up in les paul position, 2 knobs down low.

the other is a short hollow drop mongrel in a dark tiger eye burst with quilt top on mahogany, rosewood board 1 11/ hm+.03 neck, SF's and and HF, with trem.

they will be posting full specs along with pics when it goes up.

if anyone has questions in advance, am happy to answer.

Pietro
02-12-2016, 02:09 PM
really sorry for what your friend is going through.

tom
02-12-2016, 03:07 PM
yes, but he is a fighter, so we're not done yet.

Briggs
02-13-2016, 04:53 PM
Sorry to hear that Tom, if he hasn't already, he should set up a gofundme or similar account for people to make donations. It's amazing the willingness and generosity of folks.

Daenius
02-13-2016, 07:59 PM
Sorry to hear that Tom, if he hasn't already, he should set up a gofundme or similar account for people to make donations. It's amazing the willingness and generosity of folks.

THIS! For those of us who are not necessarily looking to acquire a new axe, but would still love to contribute to the cause!

tom
02-15-2016, 04:39 PM
www.aaronmeyer.com is the site. looks like the guitars already are sold, but half way down the concert page there is a listing for the go fund me page.
got to visit wit Tim today and it was pretty special. he's going through some tough stuff right now.

Briggs
02-15-2016, 08:00 PM
ummmm... didn't see any guitars or gofundme link there.

tom
02-16-2016, 02:16 AM
Sorry, link is fixed. concert/birthday party was great. more that 800people were there. got to reconnect with some old friends.

Daenius
02-16-2016, 04:04 AM
Thanks for updating link! =)

markus
02-19-2016, 03:34 AM
So sorry to hear about this... :(
While browsing the website, I found that there's also a GoFundMe campaign people can contribute/donate to: https://www.gofundme.com/FriendsofTimEllis