PDA

View Full Version : Adding a Fishman Powerbridge?

MojoRojo
11-26-2015, 12:11 PM
Y'all....I have two TA's with a Fishman Powerbridge which I have become dependent on. I am thinking about a thrird TA...maybe a bulldog but I would not be able to gig it without the Fishman. Has anyone ever added a powerbridge to their TA?

Pietro
11-26-2015, 12:28 PM
I have a PowerBridge in my Atom CT, but Tom had to do all sorts of crap to make it fit right. Don't remember the details, but I am unable to adjust bridge height without removing the strings because we had to use different screws. You can ask him, he might remember (although it's been just over 3 years since we did this (Tom installed it for me).

It's not a problem for me, and I, like you, have become dependent on this feature as well.

tom
11-26-2015, 03:05 PM
the Fishman uses smaller studs, so you would have to fill the holes and redrill smaller for the studs. then there is the harder to adjust factor. not that big a deal once it's right. it was a little tricky drilling a hole for the wire but not that bad.

Pietro
11-26-2015, 03:21 PM
I want to add that I have owned every fishman powerbridge possible, and they aren't all equal. The regular 2-point trem I had on a Classic (which I no longer have but is right now available used right here... great guitar) and the stop-tail version on my current Classic T, as well as the Wilkinson version (WHICH I LOVED) and regular gotoh versions I've had on a US Masters and a Suhr (briefly), respectively, are easier to dial in just right than the ToM, which has, I think because of the form factor, a kind of "honk" that you have to dial out.

That was a long sentence! Does it make sense at all?

I still love it, though. It just sounds a little different than the other ones do.

That said, I won't currently use a guitar without this two-voice feature. It is crucial to the particular kind of playing (in church) that I do, and I've gotten used to it, like you have.

GASMAN
11-26-2015, 11:00 PM
Arn't the creative wizards at TA currently working on a new piezo system for us? Correct me if I'm wrong. Don't mean to start rumors or anything.

Pietro
11-27-2015, 09:06 AM
Arn't the creative wizards at TA currently working on a new piezo system for us? Correct me if I'm wrong. Don't mean to start rumors or anything.

I know that they are at least experimenting with something. That's all we know right now.

GASMAN
11-27-2015, 12:26 PM
I know that they are at least experimenting with something. That's all we know right now.

Will certainly be interested. I'm hooked as well.

tom
11-27-2015, 03:10 PM
piezo are very pressure sensitive, so I'm not surprised that the lower string pressure Tom sounds dif.

we have a couple floyd loaded piezos out in the field with someone who has a Fishman on his other Anderson. waiting for a report from the field. it uses the ghost system which is much more involved on the guitar unfortunately, but does offer more options. the ghost electronics have been cleaned up quite a bit since I last saw them which I was glad to see. still working with them on a clean way to get the wires off the bridge.

GASMAN
11-27-2015, 04:35 PM
piezo are very pressure sensitive, so I'm not surprised that the lower string pressure Tom sounds dif.

we have a couple floyd loaded piezos out in the field with someone who has a Fishman on his other Anderson. waiting for a report from the field. it uses the ghost system which is much more involved on the guitar unfortunately, but does offer more options. the ghost electronics have been cleaned up quite a bit since I last saw them which I was glad to see. still working with them on a clean way to get the wires off the bridge.

thanks for the update, Tom. Keeping our fingers crossed.

MojoRojo
01-23-2016, 10:16 PM
Gents....will the stereo output on a TA with a Baggs X-Bridge function the same as my TAs with the Fishman powerbridge?

Thanks

tom
01-24-2016, 12:34 AM
short answer is yes the Baggs will work the same way.

Pietro
01-24-2016, 07:45 AM
Output may be stronger, because I think that x bridge has a preamp, it might affect how you connect it to whatever it amplifying the sound.

MojoRojo
01-24-2016, 03:08 PM
Thanks Gents.....looks like it is decision time.