PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue

dsouza.b.a
10-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Anyone own one of these amps? I searched the forum but didn't see anything on the Deluxes in the last 4 years. I would say out of the 65 Blackface reissue and the 68 silverface, I prefer the 68 BUT I just purchased one of the Ltd Edition '65 ones that have the Jensen speaker. I was looking for a small combo with a vintage feel. Had been researching, watching videos, etc on this one for several months. Ended up pulling the trigger on a Fudge Brownie Tolex with wheat grillecloth. The supply was drying up so figured I might as well jump in now.

Anyway, if anyone out there has one with the Jensen speaker, would love to hear your experience while I wait for it to arrive. Looks like they also used the Jensen in the wine red, and tweed versions as well.

Pietro
10-06-2015, 11:06 AM
I've owned 2. One with the Jensen speaker.

If I were buying a real amp again, it and the silverface reissue would be right at the top of my list.

dsouza.b.a
10-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Ok well that is good to hear. Another member here is looking at one as well so I am sure he is happy to hear that as well. What differences did you notice between the Jensen and non Jensen in your usage?

dsouza.b.a
10-08-2015, 03:37 PM
It's here. Haven't played it yet but looks better in person than online. Hopefully it sounds just as sweet as it looks.
http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn443/dsouza_b_a/20151008_124557.jpg